India and Bhutan ink MoU for developing cooperation in the areas of Environment
The best practices will be exchanged between India and Bhutan in areas such as waste management, air pollution, climate change, chemical management, etc.
India and Bhutan on June 18, 2021, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for developing cooperation between the two nations in the areas of the environment.
The agreement was signed virtually from the Indian side by the Minister of Environment, Forest, and Climate Change Prakash Javadekar and from the Bhutanese side by the Chairperson of the National Environment Commission Lyonpo Dr. Tandi Dorji.
India has symbiotic relationship with Bhutan. Today, both countries signed a MoU which will open new vistas of bilateral co-operation in the areas of Climate Change, waste management etc. pic.twitter.com/TDBZFsf5G0— Prakash Javadekar (@PrakashJavdekar) June 18, 2021
• The Memorandum of Understanding is a platform that will further enhance Indian and Bhutanese partnership and support.
• The best practices will be exchanged in areas such as waste management, air pollution, climate change, chemical management, etc.
• The signed MoU will also provide the possibility to have joint projects in the areas of mutual interest.
• It will strengthen scientific, technological, and management capabilities.
• The MoU will also help in expanding the areas of cooperation in the field of environment to promote a mutually beneficial partnership between India and Bhutan.
India and Bhutan: New vistas of bilateral cooperation
While speaking on the occasion, Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar said that the signed Memorandum of Understanding will open new vistas of bilateral cooperation in the areas of waste management, climate change, etc.
Describing the relationship between India and Bhutan as symbiotic, the Union Minister added that India wants to engage with Bhutan on environmental related issues including climate change.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS