The Indian Air Force (IAF) would be participating in a two-week-long multilateral air exercise- 'Blue Flag-17'- in Israel starting from 2 November 2017.
According to an official statement by the Defence Ministry, a 45-member contingent of the air force left to take part in the exercise on 31 October 2017. The team led by Group Captain Maluk Singh VSM consists of personnel from various combat elements of the IAF.
This is the first time that the Indian Air Force would be operating with its counterpart in Israel in a multilateral exercise setting since diplomatic relations were established between the two countries in 1990.
About Blue Flag
• It is a bi-annual multilateral exercise that aims to strengthen military cooperation amongst participating nations.
• Indian Air Force would be participating with the C-130J special operations aircraft along with Garud commandos.
• The exercise would provide an ideal platform for the exchange of knowledge and combat experience and in improving operational capability of the participating nations.
• It would give an opportunity to the IAF to share and learn best practices with some of the best professionals from other Air Forces.
• It would be conducted at the Uvda Air Force Base in Israel from 2 November to 16 November 2017.