Union Minister of Women & Child Development Maneka Sanjay Gandhi on 2 January 2018 inaugurated the online portal 'NARI' for women empowerment. NARI stands for 'National Repository of Information for Women'.
The portal contains information about schemes being run by both Central as well as the States Governments.
• 'NARI' portal has been developed by the Union Ministry of Women & Child Development.
• It will provide easy access to information on government schemes and initiatives for women to women citizens.
• The Government has implemented a number of schemes & legislations for women to provide them equal rights and opportunities. In order to make this information easily accessible in one place, the NARI portal summarizes over 350 government schemes and other important information.
• It provides links to the Ministries, Departments and autonomous bodies offering these schemes as well as easy access to online applications and grievance redressal.
• It will also provide information to women on issues affecting their lives.
• There are tips on good nutrition, suggestions for health checkups, information on major diseases, tips for job search and interview, investment and savings advice, information on crimes against women, contacts of legal aid cells and simplified adoption procedures.
• It will bestow women with the power of information to build their life skills and will facilitate them in taking full advantage of the services provided by the Government for them.
Vijay Keshav Gokhale appointed as Foreign Secretary of India
• In order to provide a platform for NGOs and Civil Societies to interact with the Union Ministry of Women & Child Development, e-Samvad portal has also been developed.
• Through e-Samvad portal, NGOs and civil society can provide their feedback, suggestions, put up grievances, share best practices etc.
• Senior Officers within Union Ministry of Women & Child Development will be able to view the suggestions received for their concerned subject areas and appropriately respond to NGOs.
• This will help in formulation of effective policies and measures for welfare of women and children.
Govt launches ‘Divyang Sarathi’—Accessible and Comprehensive Mobile Application for easy information dissemination to ‘Divyangjans’
Who: Maneka Sanjay Gandhi
When: 2 January 2018
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.