National Sports Awards 2019: List of All the winners
Deepa Malik (para-athletics), Bajrang Punia and Ravindra Jadeja are nominated names among National Sports Awards 2019.
Selection Committee for Sports Awards 2019 nominated Deepa Malik for Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna 2019 and 19 other payers including Ravindra Jadeja for the prestigious Arjuna Award. Deepa Malik will be the first female para-athlete to win the prestigious sports award of India. She will be joint recipient with wrestler Bajrang Punia for highest sporting honour.
Selection Committee for Sports Awards 2019 also selected 19 sportspersons for the Arjuna Award, including cricketer Ravindra Jadeja, hockey player Chinglensana Kangujam, footballer Gurpreet Singh Sandhu track and field players Tejinder Pal Singh Toor, Mohammed Anas and Swapna Barman and shooter Anjum Moudgil.
List of National Sports Awards 2019
Khel Ratna: Deepa Malik (para-athletics), Bajrang Punia (wrestling)
Arjuna Award: Ravindra Jadeja (cricket), Mohammed Anas Yahiya (athletics), Gurpreet Singh Sandhu (football), Sonia Lather (boxing), Chinglensana Singh Kangujam (hockey), S Bhaskaran (bodybuilding), Ajay Thakur (kabaddi), Anjum Moudgil (shooting), Bhamidipati Sai Praneeth (badminton), Tajinder Pal Singh Toor (athletics), Pramod Bhagat (para sports-badminton), Harmeet Rajul Desai (table tennis), Pooja Dhanda (wrestling), Fouaad Mirza (equestrian), Simran Singh Shergill (polo), Poonam Yadav (cricket), Swapna Burman (athletics), Sundar Singh Gurjar (para sports-athletics) and Gaurav Singh Gill (motorsports).
Dronacharya Award (regular category): Mohinder Singh Dhillon (athletics), Sandeep Gupta (table tennis) and Vimal Kumar (badminton).
Dronacharya Award (lifetime category): Sanjay Bhardwaj (cricket), Rambir Singh Khokar (kabaddi) and Mezban Patel (hockey).
Dhyan Chand Award: Manoj Kumar (wrestling), C Lalremsanga (archery), Arup Basak (table tennis), Nitten Kirrtane (tennis) and Manuel Fredricks (hockey).
About Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna
• This award is named after former Prime Minister of India Rajiv Gandhi. It was instituted in 1991-92.
• The first recipient of the award was Chess Grandmaster Viswanathan Anand, who was honoured for the performance in the year 1991–92.
• The latest winners of Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award are Virat Kohli and Mirabai Chanu.
• In this award, a medal, a citation and 7.5 lakh rupees are given to the winner.
About Arjuna Award
• National Arjuna Award was instituted in 1961, it is India’s second-highest sporting award after Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award.
• Arjuna Award bestowed upon sportsperson for consistently outstanding performance for four years.
• Sportsperson in recognition of their consistently outstanding performance for four years in National sports can be nominated for this award.
• Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports conferred this award. It carries bronze statuette of Arjuna, a scroll and a monetary award of 5 lakh rupees.