NITI Aayog’s WEP signs five SoIs with financial institutions and social organisations
The SoIs signed with financial institutions such as the Shri Mahila Sewa Sahakari Bank, Indiabulls Housing Finance and SREI Infrastructure Finance will be included under the WEP-Finance vertical. These SoIs will provide financial assistance to women entrepreneurs and address the finance related challenges.
Rupali PruthiJun 28, 2018 15:15 IST
The Women Entrepreneurs Platform (WEP) of the NITI Aayog on June 27, 2018 signed five separate Statements of Intent (SoIs) with financial institutions and social organizations.
These organisations are:
Highlights of the SoIs
• The SoIs signed with financial institutions such as the Shri Mahila Sewa Sahakari Bank, Indiabulls Housing Finance and SREI Infrastructure Finance will be included under the WEP-Finance vertical. These SoIs will provide financial assistance to women entrepreneurs and address the finance related challenges.
• WEP’s partnership with the Sreemanta Sankar Mission of Guwahati aims to empower established as well as aspiring women entrepreneurs in North East India through WEP North East Chapter and will work to popularise WEP in North East.
• The SoI with the Self Employed Women’s Association (SEWA), a trade union and an organisation of self-employed women workers, includes commitments to mobilise women entrepreneurs in rural areas and promote them in Livelihood Entrepreneurship.
• The WEP website, that is enriched with entrepreneurial initiatives and supports programmes, would guide one to schemes, initiatives and products relevant to the requirement.
Women Entrepreneurs Platform (WEP)
• The WEP is an initiative under the NITI Aayog which was launched on March 8, 2018 on the occasion of the International Women’s Day.
• The idea of the Platform was first mooted by Amitabh Kant, CEO, NITI Aayog, who announced the setting-up of a Women Entrepreneurship Platform in NITI Aayog at the conclusion of the 8th Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) held in Hyderabad in 2017.
• The Women Entrepreneurs Platform was established to substantially increase the number of women entrepreneurs who will create and empower a dynamic New India.
• The WEP intends to undertake this task through its partner organisations, private as well as public; by bringing their existing as well as new women specific initiatives on a single platform.
• By doing so, it aims to address knowledge gaps, promote partner connects and increase the outreach of partner programmes.