Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 11, 2019 inaugurated the 13th International Oil and Gas Conference - PETROTECH-2019 at India Expo Centre in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh. The Prime Minister also addressed the inaugural session of the event.
Welcoming the delegates, Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said, India is the third largest consumer of crude oil and petroleum products and the government has taken several measures to provide energy for all.
PETROTECH – 2019: Key Highlights
• The three-day mega event, which will be held from February 10-12, 2019, is considered to be India’s flagship hydrocarbon conference.
• It will showcase the recent market and investor-friendly developments in India’s oil and gas sector.
• It is expected to witness participation from over 95 Energy Ministers from partner countries and 7000 delegates from around 70 countries.
• The 13th International Oil & Gas Conference & Exhibition is being organised under the aegis of the Union Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
• Along with the Conference, the event will have a concurrent exhibition spread over 20,000 square meters at India Expo Mart, Greater Noida.
• The exhibition will have over 13 country pavilions and around 750 exhibitors from over 40 countries, with exclusive areas on the Make in India and Renewable Energy theme.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi previously inaugurated the 12th edition of PETROTECH-2016 on December 5, 2016.
The Prime Minister had said then that his vision for India’s energy future includes four pillars: energy access, energy efficiency, energy sustainability and energy security.
He had also invited the global hydrocarbon companies to come and Make in India and assured them that India’s motto is to replace Red Tape with Red Carpet.