Prime Minister Modi inaugurates, lays foundation stone of projects worth Rs. 614 crores in Varanasi, urges citizens to be vocal for local in this festive season
During his address, while inaugurating the developmental projects in Varanasi, Prime Minister Modi urged the citizens to be vocal for local in this Diwali.
PM Modi on November 9, 2020, virtually launched and laid the foundation stone of various development projects in his parliamentary constituency Varanasi. The projects are worth Rs. 614 crores. UP CM Yogi Adityanath was also present on the occasion.
During the event, the Prime Minister also interacted with the beneficiaries of these projects. According to the officials, around 1,500 people participated in the program through video conferencing. The state government had also done an arrangement of live display of the program at 6 places in Varanasi on big screens and via 5 LED mobile vans.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates and lays the foundation stone of various development projects in Varanasi, via video conferencing. The total cost of these projects is Rs. 614 crores pic.twitter.com/ZqJFjsom7A— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) November 9, 2020
PM urges for Vocal for Local:
During his address, while inaugurating the developmental projects in Varanasi, Prime Minister Modi urged the citizens to be vocal for local in this Diwali. He asked the people to promote indigenously produced items that are not only limited to diyas but many other items as well. He highlighted that there is talent at every nook and corner of the city and that it is our responsibility to give them recognition all over the country and the world.
Increase in flights and connectivity to Varanasi:
While highlighting improved connectivity to Varanasi, PM Modi informed that there are now a total of 48 flights to Varanasi because of which the number of people visiting the place has also increased. PM Modi also underlined that a tourist plaza at Dashashwamedh Ghat will also be facilitating the tourists.
Today, there are 48 daily flights to Varanasi. With improving connectivty, the number of people visiting the place is also rising. A tourist plaza at the Dashashwamedh Ghat in Varanasi will facilitate the tourists: PM Modi during inauguration of development projects in Varanasi pic.twitter.com/K3pn9o4i6N— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) November 9, 2020
Interaction with beneficiaries:
Prime Minister Modi while inaugurating and laying the foundation stone of various developmental projects also interacted with the beneficiaries.
• One of them was a famous basketball player Prashanti Singh. In the discussion, PM Modi noted that the people of Kashi changed the challenges in the opportunities and that the facilities at the housing complex for players in Sampurnanand stadium will be providing ease of sporting to the players.
PM @narendramodi interacts with famous basketball player Prashanti Singh; Says people of #Kashi changed the challenges into opportunities. The facilities at housing complex for players in Sampurnanand Stadium will provide ease of sporting to players and people of Kashi. #Varanasi pic.twitter.com/Jc6qp2fn0B— All India Radio News (@airnewsalerts) November 9, 2020
• While interacting with a businessman from Varanasi, PM Modi suggested maintaining cleanliness in the premises as well as to provide better services to the workers in the industrial area. Vipin Kumar Aggarwal, a businessman from Varanasi thanked the Prime Minister for the basic infrastructure work in the industrial area.
Uttar Pradesh: Vipin Kumar Agrawal, a businessman from #Varanasi thanked PM @narendramodi for the basic infrastructure work in industrial area.— All India Radio News (@airnewsalerts) November 9, 2020
▪️ PM Modi suggests to maintain cleanliness in premises and provide better facilities to workers in industrial areas. pic.twitter.com/No6TH3xfeJ
Projects inaugurated by PM Modi
• Sarnath light and sound show
• Up-gradation of Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital, Ramnagar
• Sewerage related works
• Infrastructure facilities for the conservation and protection of cows
• Multipurpose seed storehouse
• Agriculture Produce warehouse of 100 MT
• IPDS Phase 2
• A housing complex for the players in Sampurnanand Stadium
• Varanasi City Smart lighting work
• 105 Anganwadi Kendras
• 102 Gau Ashray Kendras
PM Modi lays the foundation stone of projects
• Redevelopment of Dashashwamedh Ghat and Khidkiya Ghat
• Barracks for PAC Police Force
• Redevelopment of certain wards of Kashi
• Parking facility and the redevelopment of the park in Beniya Bagh
• Up-gradation of the multi-purpose hall in Girija Devi Sanskritik Sankul
• Repair work of roads in Varanasi
• Development of tourist places