Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates Kosi Rail Mahasetu and 12 other rail infrastucture projects to strengthen connectivity in Bihar
Prime Minister Modi inaugurates Kosi Rail Mega Bridge and other rail infrastructure projects in Bihar.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on September 18, 2020, dedicated the historic Kosi Rail Mahasetu to the nation through video conference. The Mega bridge line project in Bihar was sanctioned by the government of India in 2003-2004.
Apart from this, Prime Minister has also inaugurated 12 Rail Projects related to the passenger facilities for the benefit of Bihar. These projects include two new railway lines, a new railway bridge on the Kiul river, five electrification projects, a third line project between Barh-Bakhtiyarpur, and one Electric Locomotive Shed.
Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicates Kosi Rail Mega Bridge to the nation and inaugurates new rail lines and electrification projects in Bihar, via video-conferencing. pic.twitter.com/efse57KQ2u— ANI (@ANI) September 18, 2020
Key Highlights from PM Modi's address:
• Prime Minister Modi termed the inauguration of Kosi Rail Mahasetu historic and mentioned that with this step rail connectivity in Bihar and Make in India in Railway sector has been promoted.
आज बिहार में रेल कनेक्टिविटी के क्षेत्र में नया इतिहास रचा गया है,— PMO India (@PMOIndia) September 18, 2020
कोसी महासेतु और किउल ब्रिज के साथ ही बिहार में रेल यातायात,
रेलवे के बिजलीकरण,
रेलवे में मेक इन इंडिया को बढ़ावा देने,
नए रोज़गार पैदा करने वाले
एक दर्जन प्रोजेक्ट्स का आज लोकार्पण और शुभारंभ हुआ है: PM
• PM Modi acknowledged that these projects that are worth Rs. 3000 crores will not only strengthen Bihar's connectivity but it will also strengthen West Bengal and East India's rail connectivity.
These projects, worth almost Rs 3000 Crores, will not only strengthen Bihar's rail network but also strengthen West Bengal and eastern India's rail connectivity. I congratulate everyone: PM Modi at the inauguration of various railway projects in Bihar, via video-conferencing pic.twitter.com/j0r2iwEOzp— ANI (@ANI) September 18, 2020
• Prime Minister in his address informed that four years before two Mahasetu's connecting North and South Bihar, one in Patna and another in Munger had started. These bridges have further made transportation much easier for the people of Bihar.
4 वर्ष पहले, उत्तर और दक्षिण बिहार को जोड़ने वाले दो महासेतु, एक पटना में और दूसरा मुंगेर में शुरु किए गए थे।— PMO India (@PMOIndia) September 18, 2020
इन दोनों रेल पुलों के चालू हो जाने से उत्तर बिहार और दक्षिण बिहार के बीच, लोगों का आना-जाना और आसान हुआ है: PM#BiharKaPragatiPath
• While highlighting the rail connectivity development in Bihar, PM Modi informed that today in Bihar state electricity engine with 12,000 horsepower is also being made. In the last 6 years, electrification of more than 3000 km rail track has also been done.
आज बिहार में 12 हज़ार हॉर्सपावर के सबसे शक्तिशाली विद्युत इंजन बन रहे हैं।— PMO India (@PMOIndia) September 18, 2020
बिहार के लिए एक और बड़ी बात ये है कि आज बिहार में रेल नेटवर्क के लगभग 90% हिस्से का बिजलीकरण पूरा हो चुका है।
बीते 6 साल में ही बिहार में 3 हज़ार किलोमीटर से अधिक के रेलमार्ग का बिजलीकरण हुआ है: PM
• PM Modi in his address during the inauguration of Kosi Rail Mahasetu also stated that in the last 6 years, efforts have been made to shape the Indian Railways as per the aspirations of New India and the expectations of 'Atmanirbhar Bharat'. The Made in India trains are becoming part of the Indian Railway Network.
In the last 6 years, efforts are being made to shape Indian Railways as per the aspirations of New India & expectations of 'Aatmanirbhar Bharat.' Vande Bharat - a symbol of modernity and self reliance - the made in India trains are becoming part of rail network: PM Narendra Modi pic.twitter.com/nWKPO2i7Dg— ANI (@ANI) September 18, 2020
• PM Modi also took the opportunity to talk about the latest agricultural bill. He highlighted that the farmers have been given new independence in agriculture as they will now have more opportunities and options to sell their products. Pm Modi also congratulated them on the passage of the bills and mentioned that it was necessary to protect them from middlemen.
Farmers have been given new independence in agriculture. They'll now have more options & opportunities to sell their produce. I congratulate them on passage of Bills. It was necessary to bring these to protect them from middlemen. These are farmers' shields: PM. #AgricultureBill pic.twitter.com/c2MIJwAxK3— ANI (@ANI) September 18, 2020
• PM Modi also talked about the lack of educational institutions in Bihar and mentioned that before Nitish Kumar's government, there were only one or two medical colleges in the state. But today, there are more than 15 medical colleges. PM Modi also informed that the permission for the construction of new AIIMS in Darbhanga, Bihar has also been granted.
नीतीश जी की सरकार बनने से पहले तक बिहार में इक्का-दुक्का मेडिकल कॉलेज हुआ करते थे।— Prasar Bharati News Services (@PBNS_India) September 18, 2020
इससे बिहार में मरीज़ों को तो भारी दिक्कत थी ही बिहार के मेधावी युवाओं को भी मेडिकल की पढ़ाई के लिए दूसरे राज्यों का रुख करना पड़ता था: PM @narendramodi pic.twitter.com/APZ439uUsK
Significance of Kosi Rail Mahasetu
According to the PMO release, the dedication of the Kosi Rail Mahasetu is the watershed moment in Bihar’s history and the entire region connecting to the North-East. A meter gauge link was built in between Nirmali-Bhaptiahi (Saraigarh), in 1887.
However, during the heavy flood and Indo-Nepal Earthquake in 1934, washed away the rail link and due to the meandering nature of the Kosi river, no attempt was made to restore this link for the long period of time. The dedication of the Kosi Rail Mahasetu Project will be fulfilling the 86 year old dream.
Details of Kosi Rail Mahasetu:
• The Kosi Mega Bridge Line Project was sanctioned by the Indian Government during 2003-2004.
• The Kosi Rail Mahasetu is 1.9 km long and the construction cost of the project is Rs. 516 crores.
• The Kosi Rail Mahasetu is also of strategic importance along the India-Nepal border.
• The project was completed during the COVID-19 pandemic where migrant labourers also participated in the completion of the project.
Other Projects to be launched along with Mahasetu:
• Prime Minister will also be launching the Saharsa-Asanpur Kupha demo train from Supaul station, which will prove highly beneficial to Arariya, Supaul, and Saharsa districts. It will also make it easy for long-distance travel to Delhi, Mumbai, and Kolkata.
• Prime Minister Modi will also be flagging off two New Line Projects at Hajipur-Ghoswar-Vaishali and Islampur-Nateshar.
• PM Modi will be inaugurating the third line between Barh-Bakhiyarpur and the Karnauti-Bakhtiyarpur link bypass.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi will also flag off the Railway Electrification Projects of Katihar-New Jalpaiguri, Muzaffarpur-Sitamarhi, Samastipur-Khagaria, Samastipur-Darbhanga-Jaynagar, Bhagalpur- Shivnarayanpur Sections.