Shahbaz Nadeem makes test debut in third match of India vs South Africa
Shahbaz Nadeem is a left-arm spinner. He was selected for India vs South Africa series on the eve of the third test match.
Shahbaz Nadeem has made debut in India vs South Africa test series on October 19. Shahbaz was selected in the team because fast bowler Ishant Sharma is on rest. He has a rich experience of 15 years as a cricket player.
Shahbaz Nadeem, who has been playing first-class cricket since 2004, has got a chance in the Test team after 15 years of his career. He has been selected in the team once before but never got a chance to debut. Shahbaz Nadeem, who plays domestic cricket for Jharkhand, has landed at his first international match in his home-ground. He will support R Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja in this match.
Shahbaz Nadeem’s career
• Shahbaz Nadeem is an orthodox spinner and started his career at the age of 15.
• He has been played 110 first-class matches since the year 2004.
• Shahbaz Nadeem has taken a total of 424 wickets till date. However, he has taken 145 wickets in 106 list-A matches.
• Shahbaz Nadeem, who made his IPL debut in 2011, has played 64 matches so far. He has taken a total of 42 wickets in these matches.
• He has also performed well by bat during his entire career. He has scored one ton and seven fifties during his cricket career as a batsman.
How he got this opportunity?
Shahbaz Nadeem started his career as an under-14 player for Bihar and currently, he plays for Sunrises Hyderabad in IPL. He has also made a record of best bowling figure in list-A matches by delivering 10 overs and given 10 runs along with 8 wickets. In 2012, he made a breakthrough in the Delhi Daredevils team with an outstanding performance. Shahbaz was selected as a rising star of the year because of most number of wickets in the 2015-16 and 2016-17. It has been 15 years since he played domestic cricket, but now his hard work has paid off.
India: Virat Kohli (captain), Ajinkya Rahane (vice-captain), Rohit Sharma, Mayank Agarwal, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Wriddhiman Saha (wicketkeeper), Shahbaz Nadeem, Mohammed Shami and Umesh Yadav.
South Africa: Dean Elgar, Quinton de Kock, Zubair Hamza, Faf du Plessis (captain), Temba Bavuma (vice-captain), Henrik Klassen (wicketkeeper), George Linde, Dan Pete, Kagiso Rabada, Enrique Nortje and Lungi Ngidi.