Three-day International conference on Occupational, Safety and Health to begin in Delhi
The 3-day International Vision Zero conference is going to be organised in New Delhi from 15-17 March 2017.
The three-day international conference on Vision Zero and its relevance to Occupational Safety and Health is scheduled to begin at Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi on 15 March 2017.
The conference is being jointly organised by Directorate General Factory Advice and Labour Institutes (DGFASLI), Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India and the Germany-based German Social Accident Insurance (DGUV) in association with International Social Security Association (ISSA).
• The conference will be inaugurated by Bandaru Dattatreya, the Minister of State (Independent) for Labour and Employment in the presence of M. Sathiyavathy, Secretary, Labour and Employment, Government of India.
• Its main objective is to focus on the occupational safety and health issues and challenges in the manufacturing, construction and mining sector.
• It will provide a platform for promoting safety and health at work through the exchange of knowledge, practice and experience.
• It is also expected to introduce the internationally accepted concept of ‘Vision Zero’ in India and in the process it will help give a push to the Indian government’s efforts in raising the occupational safety and health standards in the country.
• The event would also host three plenary sessions spread across the three days, which will be dedicated exclusively to the manufacturing, construction and mining sector.
• Besides this, the event would also host an exhibition on occupational safety and health that will provide an efficient platform to support technological communication and business trade.
The event would be attended by experts and professionals from different sectors including safety engineers, managers, employers, occupational physicians and health professionals, supervisors, workers and members of the safety committees.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS