10 January 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like campaign ‘Web - Wonder Women’, Nandan Nilekani led Committee and OPEC nations among others.
1. Which Ministry launched an online campaign ‘Web - Wonder Women’ recently?
a) Union Ministry of Women and Child Development
b) Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
c) Union Ministry of Home Affairs
d) Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
2. Which Indian boxer fetched number one position in the International Boxing Association’s (AIBA) latest world rankings?
a) Vijendra Singh
b) Mary Kom
c) Vinesh Phogat
d) Dinesh Kumar
3. Which body constituted Nandan Nilekani led Committee to boost digital payments?
d) NITI Aayog
4. The second edition of Khelo India Youth Games was inaugurated in which city recently?
b) New Delhi
5. Who was appointed as the President of Global Solar Council (GSC) recently?
a) Pranav Mehta
b) Sunil Lohia
c) Rahul Singh
d) Varun Sobti
6. ICC has offered amnesty to which nation’s cricketers to report match-fixing approaches?
b) Sri Lanka
7. Which space agency plans to set up space galleries to disseminate the knowledge about space science and technology amongst the citizens of the country?
8. Which nation is set to become the third-largest consumer market behind US and China by 2030, as per the World Economic Forum?
9. Who was removed as the coach of Indian national men’s hockey team?
a) Harendra Singh
b) Narendra Bohra
c) Sardar Singh
d) Dhanraj Pillay
10. Which OPEC nation has decided to cut its oil exports in January by 10 per cent?
d) Saudi Arabia
1. (a) Union Ministry of Women and Child Development
The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development on January 9, 2018 launched an online campaign, ‘Web - Wonder Women’ also known as ‘#www’. The Campaign aims to discover and celebrate the exceptional achievements of women, who have been driving positive agenda of social change via social media.
2. (b) Mary Kom
MC Mary Kom’s unprecedented sixth world title triumph propelled her to the number one position in the International Boxing Association’s (AIBA) latest world rankings. She became the most successful boxer in world championships’ history when she claimed the 48kg category top honours in November 2018.
3. (c) RBI
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on January 8, 2018 constituted a High-Level Committee on Deepening of Digital Payments to encourage digitisation of payments and enhance financial inclusion. The five-member committee will be headed by UIDAI’s former Chairman Nandan Nilekani.
4. (d) Pune
The second edition of Khelo India Youth Games was inaugurated in Pune on January 9, 2019. Tennis and table tennis will also be a part of the games this time. Students from colleges and Universities will be allowed to compete in the games.
5. (a) Pranav R Mehta
Pranav R Mehta took over as the President of Global Solar Council (GSC) on January 1, 2019. The GSC has its headquarters in Washington D.C. GSC was launched on December 6, 2015, following the United Nations Climate Change Conference (UN COP 21).
6. (b) Sri Lanka
The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced on January 10, 2019 that it would be giving a 15-day amnesty to participants who have previously failed to report any information concerning corrupt conduct in Sri Lankan cricket. The amnesty, which will run from 16-31 January, will apply to all participants under both the ICC and Sri Lankan Cricket Anti-Corruption codes.
7. (d) ISRO
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has planned to set up Space Galleries in various locations in the country. The Space Galleries are expected to disseminate the knowledge about space science and technology amongst the citizens of the country.
8. (c) India
India is set to become the third-largest consumer market behind only the US and China and consumer spending in India is expected to grow from USD 1.5 trillion at present to nearly USD 6 trillion by 2030, as per a World Economic Forum report. The WEF report titled ‘Future of Consumption in Fast-Growth Consumer Market – India’ noted that growth of the middle class will lift nearly 25 million households out of poverty.
9. (a) Harendra Singh
Indian men's hockey coach Harendra Singh was on January 10, 2019 sacked from the position and offered the task of helming the junior squad by the national federation. The year 2018 was very disappointing for the Indian Men's Hockey Team with results not going as expected, they believe investing in the junior program which will reap long-term benefits.
10. (d) Saudi Arabia
OPEC kingpin Saudi Arabia announced on January 10, 2019 that it has decided to slash its oil exports in January by 10 per cent in comparison to November. Saudi energy minister Khalid al-Falih said the kingdom, the world's top crude supplier, would cut its exports to 7.2 million barrels per day (bpd) in January, down from 8.0 million bpd in November. He also announced a further 100,000 bpd cut in February.