12 February 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Dan David Prize 2019, Swachh Shakti 2019 and 2019 World Cup among others.
1. Who won the Israel's Dan David Prize 2019 in the ‘Past’ category?
a) Sanjay Subrahmanyam
b) Michael Ignatieff
c) Christina Figueres
d) Amitav Ghosh
2. India on February 11, 2019 launched an initiative to combat Marine Pollution in collaboration with which country?
c) United States
3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 12, 2019 distributed the Swachh Shakti 2019 Awards. The Swachh Shakti 2019 event was held in which city?
d) New Delhi
4. Which city will host the 13th COP of the Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals?
5. India’s premier institute of cancer, the ‘National Cancer Institute’ was dedicated to the nation on February 12, 2019. The instituted is located in which state?
d) Uttar Pradesh
6. Which nation has decided to give lifetime tax exemption to women having 4 or more children?
7. The HRD Ministry has decided to implement recommendations of a committee for promotion of which ancient language and scripts?
8. US President Donald Trump has signed an executive order to prioritise research and development in which area?
a) Artificial Intelligence
c) Nuclear Weapons
d) Space Missions
9. Who has been appointed as Australia's assistant coach for 2019 World Cup campaign?
a) Rocky Ponting
b) Shane Warne
c) Bret Lee
d) Steve Waugh
10. Which Indian warship participated in a multi-national training exercise 'CUTCLASS EXPRESS 2019'?
a) INS Airavat
b) INS Satpura
c) INS Trikand
d) INS Sahyadri
1. (a) Sanjay Subrahmanyam
Indian historian Sanjay Subrahmanyam on February 10, 2019 won the prestigious Dan David Prize 2019 for his work on inter-cultural encounters between Asians, Europeans and people of North and South America during the early modern era. He won the Israel's prestigious USD 1 million dollar award in the category of ''Past Time Dimension'' for his work in macro history.
2. (b) Norway
The Union Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change on February 11, 2019 signed a Letter of Intent (LoI) with the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs to launch the ‘India-Norway Marine Pollution Initiative’ to combat marine pollution.
3. (c) Kurukshetra
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 12, 2019 participated in Swachh Shakti 2019 event and distributed the Swachh Shakti 2019 Awards during his visit to Kurukshetra, Haryana. He also visited the Swachh Sundar Shauchalay exhibition at Kurukshetra.
4. (d) Gandhinagar
The 13th Conference of Parties (COP) of the Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals (CMS 13) will be held in February 2020 at Gandhinagar, Gujarat. Recently, the Government announced that the Great Indian Bustard (GIB) will be its mascot for CMS COP-13.
5. (a) Haryana
The Prime Minister dedicated the India’s premier institute of cancer, the ‘National Cancer Institute’ of Bhadsa, Jhajjar to the nation. The National Cancer Institute is built at the AIIMS Jhajjar campus in Haryana.
6. (c) Hungry
Hungary's Prime Minister Viktor Orban has announced new measures, under which increasing financial aid and subsidies will be provided to families that have more than three children. The measures are meant to encourage women to have more children and to reverse Hungary's population decline.
7. (d) Maithili
The Ministry of Human Resource Development has decided to take immediate steps to implement the recommendations of a committee, which it had constituted in 2018 to make a report for the promotion and protection of Maithili language and its scripts.
8. (a) Artificial Intelligence
US President Donald Trump has signed an executive order directing federal agencies to prioritise research and development in Artificial Intelligence (AI). The plan, called the American AI Initiative, follows big investment pledges from China and other countries intended to advance and apply AI technology in fields ranging from war fighting to health care.
9. (a) Rocky Ponting
Former captain Ricky Ponting has been appointed as an assistant coach of Australia's men's team for the 50-over World Cup in England later this year, the country's cricket board announced on February 8, 2019. The 44-year-old will work with Australia's batsmen for the World Cup tournament, with current batting coach Graeme Hick preparing the side for the Ashes tour in England, starting in August.
10. (c) INS Trikand
INS Trikand, a front-line warship of the Indian Navy, participated in a multinational training exercise 'Cutlass Express- 19', which was held from January 27 to February 6, 2019. The nine-day exercise saw participation from nations such as Canada, Comoros, Djibouti, France, India, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Portugal, Seychelles, Somalia, Tanzania, the Netherlands and the United States.