The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Yudh Abhyas 2018, HIV and AIDS (Prevention and Control) Act and 2018 Arjuna awards among others.
12 September 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Yudh Abhyas 2018, HIV and AIDS (Prevention and Control) Act and 2018 Arjuna awards among others.
1. Which app was launched by Indian Railways to provide a platform for the Corporates and PSUs to contribute to creation of amenities at or near Railway Stations?
a) Rail Yatri
b) Rail Sahyog
c) Rail Suraksha
d) Rail Saathi
2. The HIV and AIDS (Prevention and Control) Act came into force on September 10, 2018. When was the act passed by Parliament?
3. Which Indian airport is set to become first in Asia to use face recognition as boarding pass?
a) Kempegowda International Airport
b) Indira Gandhi International Airport
c) Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport
d) Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport
4. Which state signed pact with Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) for ethanol plant?
5. Which country will host to the 2018 Global Summit on Climate Action?
c) United Kingdom
d) United States
6. Which Bollywood actress was honoured with the Meryl Streep Award for Excellence?
a) Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
b) Anushka Sharma
c) Vidya Balan
d) Deepika Padukone
7. Which among the following boxers, who won gold in the 18th Asian Games, has been nominated for the 2018 Arjuna awards?
a) Amit Panghal
b) Vikas Krishnan
c) Shiva Thapa
d) Gaurav Solanki
8. India is going to carry out the joint military exercise- Yudh Abhyas 2018 – with which nation?
a) Sri Lanka
9. The joint military exercise ‘Nomadic Elephant – 2018’ is being held between which two countries?
a) India and Mongolia
b) China and Nepal
c) India and Sri Lanka
d) India and Bangladesh
10. Which state has announced a sharp reduction in electricity tariff to Rs 4.68 per unit for those consuming up to 500 units from earlier Rs 5.55?
a) Madhya Pradesh
d) Uttar Pradesh
11. The Ministry of Steel will present the first-ever awards to which sector?
a) Secondary steel sector
b) Primary steel sector
c) Iron Ore sector
d) Primary Iron sector
12. The first ever bus service was launched between Nepal and which Indian state?
a) Uttar Pradesh
c) West Bengal
Answers with Explanation
1. (b) Rail Sahyog
Railways Minister Piyush Goyal on September 11, 2018 launched the 'Rail Sahyog' web portal to provide a platform for the Corporates and Public Sector Units (PSUs) to contribute to creation of amenities at or near Railway Stations through Corporate Social Responsibility funds.
2. (b) 2017
The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on September 11, 2018 issued a notification for bringing the Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (Prevention and Control) Act, 2017 in force with effect from September 10, 2018.
3. (a) Kempegowda International Airport
The Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) in Bengaluru is set to become the first airport in Asia to use face recognition as the boarding procedure for passengers to board flights and move across different sections of the airport.
4. (c) Haryana
The Haryana government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) to set up an ethanol plant in Panipat with an outlay of over Rs 900 crore. The initiative at village Bohali with a proposed capacity of 100 kilolitres of ethanol per day will manage crop residue and prevent straw burning.
5. (d) United States
The 2018 Global Summit on Climate Action will be held at San Francisco in California, United States from September 12 to 14, 2018. The summit is a platform that brings together several decision makers and officials, as well as people, from around the world to discuss proposals for future action on climate change.
6. (a) Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
At the first-ever Women in Film and Television (WIFT-2018) India Award, Actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan was honoured with the Meryl Streep Award for Excellence in Washington, United States. The award was established to honour the best female talent in Bollywood and Hollywood.
7. (a) Amit Panghal
Asian Games gold medal-winning Indian boxer Amit Panghal was on September 11, 2018 nominated for this year's Arjuna awards by the Boxing Federation of India. He joined Sonia Lather and Gaurav Bidhuri in the list of boxing nominees for the second highest sporting honour after the Khel Ratna.
8. (c) US
The armies of India and the US will carry out a military training exercise- Yudh Abhyas 2018 in the foothills of the Himalayas at Chaubattia from September 16. The military exercise is one of the longest running joint military training exercises and a major bilateral defence cooperation endeavour between India and the US.
9. (a) India and Mongolia
The joint military exercise between Indian and Mongolian armies, the Nomadic Elephant - 2018, began on September 11, 2018 in Mongolia. The Nomadic Elephant is an annual, bilateral exercise designed to strengthen the partnership between Indian and Mongolian Armed Force.
10. (b) Haryana
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has announced a sharp reduction in electricity tariff in the state. Under the revised tariff, consumers using up to 50 units per month will pay Rs 2 per unit, those using up to 200 units will pay Rs 2.50 per unit instead of Rs 4.69 and those consuming up to 500 units will pay Rs 4.68 per unit instead of Rs 5.55 from next month.
11. (a) Secondary steel sector
In a first, the Ministry of Steel will be giving away awards to the secondary steel sector on September 13, 2018 at a function in New Delhi. The awards have been instituted in order to encourage the secondary steel sector, as it plays a key role as a growth engine for the national economy.
12. (d) Bihar
In a first, bus services between Bihar and Nepal were flagged off on September 11, 2018 by Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar. The bus services have been commissioned following the agreement between India and Nepal.Following this, four buses will ply from Bodhgaya to Kathmandu and four buses will ply from Patna to Janakpur.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week