Top Current Affairs Quiz: 12 September 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as discovery of water on potentially habitable planet, Padma award nominations, new missile test and International Solar Alliance among others.
12 September 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as discovery of water on potentially habitable planet, Padma award nominations, new missile test and International Solar Alliance among others.
1. Water has been discovered on which potentially habitable super-Earth?
2. According to Sports Ministry sources, who is the first female sportsperson to be recommended for Padma Vibhushan?
a) PV Sindhu
b) Mary Kom
c) Vinesh Phogat
d) Mithali Raj
3. Which country has become the newest member of the Global Antimicrobial Resistance Research and Development Hub?
4. India’s tallest Air Traffic Control tower was inaugurated in which among the following airports?
a) Kempegowda International Airport
b) Cochin International Airport
c) Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
d) Indhira Gandhi International Airport
5. Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently inaugurated the new assembly building in which state?
6. Which of the following countries became the 79th member of the International Solar Alliance?
b) St. Vincent and Grenadines
c) St. Lucia
d) Dominican Republic
7. The portable anti-tank guided missile (MPATGM) was successfully tested by DRDO recently in which state?
c) Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
8. Joint Military Exercise MAITREE-2019 will be conducted between India and which country in Meghalaya?
9. Which missile was recently flight-tested by the DRDO in Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh?
10. Which State Government recently announced to launch an online portal to offer cows for adoption?
c) Madhya Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
1. (d) K2-18b
Water has been detected by scientists in the atmosphere of a potentially habitable super-Earth. The exoplanet, named K2-18b, is twice the size and eight times the mass of Earth. K2-18b is the first planet outside the solar system in the habitable zone of its star known to have water in its atmosphere.
2. (b) Mary Kom
Mary Kom has been recommended for the Padma Vibhushan Award, India’s second-highest civilian award, as per Sports Ministry sources. She is the first female athlete to be recommended for the Padma Vibhushan.
3. (c) India
India has become the newest member of the Global Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) Research and Development (R&D) Hub. With India’s inclusion, the Global Antimicrobial Resistance Research and Development hub now has 16 member nations. The hub also has the European Commission, two philanthropic foundations as members and four international organisations as observers.
4. (d) Indhira Gandhi International Airport
India’s tallest Air Traffic Control tower was inaugurated in India earlier this month at the Indira Gandhi International Airport. The tower will ensure up-to-date services and systems for efficient, smooth and uninterrupted air traffic management.
5. (a) Jharkhand
Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated the 'Pradhan Mantri Kisan Mandhan Yojana' to the nation from Ranchi, Jharkhand. He also inaugurated the new Jharkhand Assembly building in Ranchi and a multi-modal terminal at Sahibganj.
6. (b) St. Vincent and Grenadines
Saint Vincent and Grenadines became the 79th country to join the International Solar Alliance (ISA). It is an initiative by India aimed at combating the threats of climate change and global warming. The International Solar Alliance is a group of 121 solar resource-rich countries with headquarters in Gurugram, India.
7. (c) Andhra Pradesh
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully test-fired an indigenously-developed Man Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM) system. This test was conducted at Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh. It has been developed by DRDO in partnership with Bharat Dynamics Limited.
8. (b) Thailand
India and Thailand will conduct the Joint Military Exercise MAITREE-2019 from 16-29 September 2019 at Foreign Training Node, Umroi, Meghalaya. Over 50 soldiers from each Navy will be participating in the exercise.
9. (d) MPATGM
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully flight-tested Man Portable Antitank Guided Missile (MPATGM), an indigenously developed low weight and fire and forget missile. The flight test was conducted in the ranges of Kurnool in Andhra Pradesh.
10. (c) Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh Government recently announced to launch an online portal offering cows for adoption to those who want to adopt a cow and could provide shelter to them at gaushalas (cow shelters).