Top Current Affairs Quiz: 17 September 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as PoK, Su-30 MKI fighter jet and India's first female military diplomat among others.
17 September 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as PoK, Su-30 MKI fighter jet and India's first female military diplomat among others.
1. Who among is following issued the following statement-“PoK is a part of India”?
a) S Jaishankar
b) Amit Shah
c) Rajnath Singh
d) Narendra Modi
2. Who celebrated his 69th birthday on September 17, 2019?
a) Narendra Modi
b) Sonia Gandhi
c) Rahul Gandhi
d) Manmohan Singh
3. Which missile was launched recently by DRDO from Su-30 MKI fighter jet?
4. Which country has decided to press for dropping Sudan off US blacklist of state sponsors of terrorism?
d) United Kingdom
5. Ministry Coal signed an allotment agreement with which state’s Power Development Corporation Limited?
b) West Bengal
d) Uttar Pradesh
6. Who has been appointed as the Press Secretary to President Ram Nath Kovind?
a) Ajay Singh
b) Ravish Kumar
c) Rajat Sharma
d) Ashok Malik
7. Which State launched the Helpline ‘1100’ recently for Mukhya Mantri Seva Sankalp?
d) Himachal Pradesh
8. How many agreements were signed recently between India and Slovenia to promote bilateral relations?
9. Who among the following has become India's first female military diplomat?
a) Wing Commander Pragya Singh
b) Wing Commander Jyoti Chhabra
c) Wing Commander Anjali Singh
d) Wing Commander Sunanda Chauhan
10. Five women police officers from India were honored by the United Nations for their excellent performance in the body’s mission in which nation?
c) South Sudan
1. (a) S Jaishankar
The External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar clearly stated that PoK is and has always been a part of India and India expects to have physical jurisdiction over the area one day.
2. (a) Narendra Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi turned 69 on September 17, 2019. PM Modi began his birthday by first visiting the Statue of Unity on Narmada River in Gujarat.
3. (b) Astra
The DRDO recently successfully flight-tested the Air-to-Air missile, Astra off the Odisha coast. The missile was launched from the fighter jet Su-30 MKI.
4. (a) France
France has decided to press to drop Sudan from the US blacklist of state sponsors of terrorism. The country is also planning to support efforts to reintegrate the country into the international community. The announcement was made by French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian.
5. (b) West Bengal
The Union Ministry of Coal on September 16, 2019 signed an allotment agreement with the West Bengal Power Development Corporation Limited (WBPDCL). Under the agreement, WBPDCL has been allotted the Deocha Pachami Dewanganj-Harinsingha coal block.
6. (a) Ajay Singh
Ajay Singh’s appointment as the Press Secretary to President Ram Nath Kovind was approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) recently. Singh has been appointed for one year on contract basis. Singh succeeds Ashok Malik.
7. (d) Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh Government recently launched the Mukhya Mantri Seva Sankalp Helpline ‘1100’ to enable speedy redressal of public grievances using digital medium.
8. (d) 7
Indian President Ram Nath Kovind and his Slovenian counterpart signed seven MoUs and agreements to promote bilateral relations. The agreements have been signed on investment, sports, culture, clean ganga mission, science and technology among others.
9. (c ) Wing Commander Anjali Singh
Wing Commander Anjali Singh has become India’s first ever woman military diplomat to be posted in any of the Indian missions abroad. She has joined the Indian Embassy in Russia as the Deputy Air Attache.
10. (c) South Sudan
Five women police officers from India were honoured by the United Nations for their exceptional services in the international body's mission in South Sudan. The police officers include Reena Yadav, Gopika Jahangir, Bharati Samantre, Ragini Kumari and Kamal Shekhawat.