Top Current Affairs Quiz: 18 October 2019
The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease.
18 October 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as 47th Chief Justice of India, Innovation Index 2019 and Troops in Saudi Arabia among others.
1. Which State’s Legislative Council was abolished recently on October 18, 2019?
b. Jammu & Kashmir
c. Himachal Pradesh
2. Who has been recommended to be appointed as the 47th Chief Justice of India?
a. Justice SA Bobde
b. Justice Indu Malhotra
c. Justice Arun Kumar Mishra
d. Justice RF Nariman
3. Which State topped the India Innovation Index 2019 of NITI Aayog?
c. Tamil Nadu
4. Which organization recently retained Pakistan on its Grey List for its failure to combat terror funding?
5. Which Union Territory got the first rank in India Innovation Index 2019?
b. Daman and Diu
Also Read | Top Current Affairs Quiz: 17 October 2019
6. What percentage of Indian Children are underweight as per the recently released UNICEF report?
a. 33 per cent
b. 28 per cent
c. 20 per cent
d. 13 per cent
7. According to the report released by which international organization, India's economic growth rate for the year 2019 and 2020 will be 6.1% and 7% respectively?
a. World Bank
c. United Nations
d. Asian Bank of Development
8. How many agreements have been signed between China and Nepal during a bilateral meeting?
9. Which state is celebrating Shirui Lily Festival 2019?
d. Arunachal Pradesh
10. Union Minister for Road Transport Nitin Gadkari recently announced the construction of new National Highway NH- 703AA connecting Gobindwal Sahib and Taran Tarana in Punjab. The Road is named after which Guru?
a. Guru Nanak Dev
b. Swami Vivekananda
c. Guru Ram Das
d. Guru Tegh Bahadur
1. (b) Jammu & Kashmir
The Legislative Council of Jammu & Kashmir got abolished on October 18, 2019, making the way for the creation of two Union Territories - Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh. The Council was dissolved under Section 57 of the J&K Reorganisation Bill, 2019.
2. (a) Justice SA Bobde
CJI Ranjan Gogoi on October 18, 2019, recommended Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde for appointment as the 47th Chief Justice of India. Chief Justice Gogoi is set to retire on November 17, 2019.
3. (a) Karnataka
Karnataka has topped the India Innovation Index, the first-ever index launched by NITI Aayog to promote competitiveness among Indian states. Karnataka is followed by Tamil Nadu and the Maharashtra States that are ranked second and third, respectively.
4. (c) Pakistan
FATF decided to retain Pakistan on its ‘Grey List’ till February 2020. The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) has directed Pakistan to take extra measures in combating money laundering and funding of terrorists.
5. (d) Delhi
Delhi has got the first place in the list of Union Territories and small states in the India Innovation Index 2019. Delhi is at the first place with 42.98 points while Chandigarh is in second place with 27.97 points.
6. (a) 33 per cent
According to UNICEF’s The State of the World’s Children 35% of children in India are suffering from stunting, 2% of children are overweight while 33% of children are underweight.
7. (b) IMF
International Monetary Fund (IMF) has recently released its report – World Economic Outlook Report. According to this report, India’s economic growth rate will be 6.1% in 2019 and 7 in 2020. Earlier, the IMF estimated that India’s economic growth rate will be 7.3% in 2020.
8. (c) 20
The president of China Xi Jinping recently visited Nepal and signed 20 agreements for the development for the country. Nepal and China agreed to build a network worth Rs. 2.75 crore to connect Nepal with China’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).
9. (a) Manipur
The annual Shirui Lily Festival 2019 is being organized at Ukhrul in Manipur. This four-day state festival was inaugurated by Union Tourism Minister Prahlad Singh Patel. Folk songs and folk dances are performed by different communities in the festival.
10. (a) Guru Nanak Dev
Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, announced the construction of new National Highway NH- 703AA starting from Kapurthala and ending at Taran Tarana in Punjab. The highway is named as ‘Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Marg’ to mark 550th Birth Anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev.