28 June 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like FATF puts Pakistan in Grey List, United States postpones 2 plus 2 dialogue and National Statistics Day among others.
1. Which Indian Naval Ship will participate in the 26th edition of RIMPAC -2018?
a) INS Sahyadri
b) INS Satpura
c) INS Vikrant
d) INS Vijay
2. Which union ministry launched report titled ‘Women in Prisons’?
a) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
b) Ministry of Women and Child Development
c) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
d) Ministry of Home Affairs
3. Union Government recently banned which drug for domestic use from July 2018?
4. When is the National Statistics Day observed in India?
a) June 26
b) June 27
c) June 28
d) June 29
5. Who won the Best Actor award at IIFA Awards-2018?
a) Irfaan Khan
b) Amir Khan
c) Amitabh Bacchan
d) Ranveer Singh
6. China announced to cut tariffs on imports of which item from India?
7. India pledged how much support for the UN agency working for the welfare of Palestinian refugees?
a) USD 3 million
b) USD 4 million
c) USD 5 million
d) USD 6 million
8. The United States recently postponed ‘2 plus 2 dialogue' with which country?
b) South Korea
9. The Financial Action Task Force has recently put which country on the ‘grey list’?
10. The Women Entrepreneurs Platform of the NITI Aayog recently signed how many Statements of Intent (SoIs) with financial institutions and social organizations?
1. (a) INS Sahyadri
The 26th edition of the world’s largest multilateral naval exercise ‘Rim of the Pacific (RIMPAC-2018)’ began on June 27 off Hawaii in the Western Pacific Ocean. The 2-month long biennial exercise is likely to be attended by navies of 26 countries including India.
2. (b) Ministry of Women and Child Development
The Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) has launched report titled ‘Women in Prisons’ which aims to build an understanding of the various entitlements of women in prisons, the various issues faced by them and possible methods for resolution of the same.
3. (c) Oxytocin
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has restricted the manufacture of Oxytocin formulations for domestic use to public sector only from 1st July 2018. It has also banned the import of Oxytocin and its formulations. Only Karnataka Antibiotics & Pharmaceuticals Ltd (KAPL), a public sector company, would be manufacturing this drug for domestic use from 1st July 2018.
4. (d) June 29
The “Statistics Day” is celebrated every year on June 29 at the National level in India to create public awareness about the importance of statistics in socio-economic planning and policy formulation.
5. (a) Irfaan Khan
Irrfan Khan, who is battling neuroendocrine tumour, won the IIFA for Best Actor for his role in Hindi Medium. The International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards took place in Bangkok.
6. (b) Soybean
China announced it will cut tariffs on soybean imports from India and four other Asia-Pacific countries to zero and reduce duties on a few more items as Beijing prepares for a looming trade war with Washington. The reduction of duties, announced by the State Council or China’s cabinet, will take effect from July 1.
7. (c) USD 5 million
India has pledged USD 5 million in assistance to the UN agency working for the welfare of Palestinian refugees to help bolster its "severe funding crisis" following US' cut in its annual aid to The United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA).
8. (d) India
US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo spoke to External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and expressed his regret and deep disappointment for having to postpone the dialogue due to unavoidable reasons.
9. (a) Pakistan
The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) on June 27, 2018 added Pakistan to its ‘grey list’ of countries involved in providing monetary assistance to terrorism and related causes. The decision was taken during FATF meeting on Money Laundering in Paris.
10. (b) 5
The Women Entrepreneurs Platform (WEP) of the NITI Aayog on June 27, 2018 signed five separate Statements of Intent (SoIs) with financial institutions and social organizations. The WEP is an initiative under the NITI Aayog which was launched on March 8, 2018 on the occasion of the International Women’s Day.