31 July 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like E-Government Development Survey 2018, India’s status elevated to Strategic Trade Authorization-1 and e-Aksharayan software among others.
1. Imran Khan will be sworn-in as Prime Minister of Pakistan. He is a leader of which Political Party?
a) Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf
b) Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz
c) Pakistan People's Party Parliamentarians
d) Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal Pakistan
2. Which Bank was awarded as the best performing primary lending institution in credit linked subsidy scheme (CLSS)?
a) HSBC Bank
b) HDFC Bank
c) ICICI Bank
d) IDBI Bank
3. Renowned writer Ramapada Chowdhury passed away recently. He wrote in which language?
4. The Central Road and Infrastructure Fund (CRIF) was brought under which Ministry recently?
a) Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
b) Union Ministry of Home Affairs
c) Union Ministry of Commerce
d) Union Finance Ministry
5. Which nation topped the E-Government Development Survey 2018?
d) The United States of America
6. Which nation has elevated India’s status to Strategic Trade Authorization-1 (STA-1) country to ease export controls for high-technology product sales?
7. What was India’s rank in E-Government Development Survey 2018?
8. Which free software has been launched by the Union IT Ministry to enable editing of text on scanned images?
9. The European Union countries have decided to move the bloc’s anti-piracy headquarters to which nation after Brexit?
10. Which city hosted the 3-day meeting of the RBI’s Monetary Policy Committee?
a) New Delhi
1. (a) Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf
According to the Pakistan Elections results 2018 announced by the Election Commission of Pakistan on July 29, 2018, Imran Khan’s Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) has emerged as the single largest party in the National Assembly after the Pakistan Elections 2018. The PTI has bagged a total of 116 seats.
2. (b) HDFC Bank
HDFC has been awarded the best performing primary lending institution in credit linked subsidy scheme (CLSS) for the EWS (Economically Weaker Section) and LIG (Low Income Group) category. The award was given by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
3. (c) Bengali
Acclaimed Bengali writer Ramapada Chowdhury, whose story ‘Abhimanyu’ was made into a Hindi movie ‘Ek doctor ki maut’, died in Kolkata. Abhimanyu’ was based on the life and work of Dr Subhas Mukhopadhyay who created India’s first and the world’s second test-tube baby in 1978.
4. (d) Union Finance Ministry
Work related to the Central Road and Infrastructure Fund (CRIF) has been taken away from the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways. It will now be under the Department of Economic Affairs, Finance Ministry.
5. (c) Denmark
Denmark, with an index value of 0.9150, topped the 2018 E-Government Development Survey. It was followed by Australia with 0.9053 score and the Republic of Korea with a value of 0.9010.
6. (c) US
The United States has eased export controls for high-technology product sales to India by elevating its status to a Strategic Trade Authorization-1 (STA-1) country. With the move, the United States has granted India the same access as NATO allies, Australia, Japan and South Korea.
7. (b) 96
India jumped 22 places to break into the top 100 of the United Nation’s E-Government Index 2018. India, which was ranked 118 in 2014, jumped 11 places to be ranked 96 in 2018. The jump shows how digital technologies and innovations are impacting the public sector and changing people’s everyday lives.
8. (a) e-Aksharayan
The IT ministry on July 31, 2018 launched a desktop software e-Aksharayan to enable editing of text printed on scanned documents. The software can be downloaded for free from its website. It will convert scanned printed Indian language documents into a fully editable text format in Unicode encoding.
9. (d) Spain
European Union countries on July 31, 2018 decided to move the headquarters of the bloc's anti-piracy Atalanta patrols from London to the Spanish port of Rota on March 29 next year, when Britain exits the EU.
10. (c) Mumbai
The three-day meeting of the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of the Reserve Bank of India began in Mumbai on July 30, 2018. The meeting will discuss the Third Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement for 2018-19 which will be issued on August 1, 2018.