The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Budget 2019, World Cancer Day and Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces treaty among others.
4 February 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Budget 2019, World Cancer Day and Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces treaty among others.
1. The Budget 2019 allocates how much amount of capital support for the Indian Railways in 2019-20?
a) Rs 36,292 crore
b) Rs 58,166 crore
c) Rs 64,587 crore
d) Rs 1,58, 658 crore
2. Which region of Jammu & Kashmir got connected to the National Grid on February 3, 2019?
3. When the World Cancer Day is celebrated every year?
a) 4 February
b) 5 February
c) 6 February
d) 7 February
4. A new High Court for Andhra Pradesh will be built in which of the following state’s city?
5. Germany, France and the United Kingdom have officially set up a payment channel called INSTEX with which country?
6. The National Human Rights Commission has issued notice to which state’s government over death of labourers?
a) Madhya Pradesh
d) Uttar Pradesh
7. The United Nations Security Council has adopted a resolution to extend sanctions against which nation?
a) Central African Republic (CAR)
b) Democratic Republic of the Congo
8. The United States has pulled of Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces treaty with which nation?
c) North Korea
9. How many youth participated in the special workshop organised by the National Foundation for Communal Harmony for past victims of communal violence?
10. Who has been appointed as the new CBI director on February 2?
a) M Nageswara Rao
b) Rakesh Asthana
c) Rishi Kumar Shukla
d) Alok Verma
1. (c) Rs 64,587 crore
The capital support from the budget for railways is proposed at Rs 64,587 crore in 2019-20. The railways’ overall capital expenditure programme is of Rs 1,58, 658 crore.
2. (b) Ladakh
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 3, 2019 dedicated the 220 kV Srinagar- Alusteng - Drass- Kargil – Leh Transmission System to the nation, a step that would ensure quality power supply to Ladakh round the year. With this, Ladakh now stands connected to the National Grid.
3. (a) 4 February
The World Cancer Day 2019 was observed across the world on February 4, 2019 with an aim to unite the world’s population in the fight against cancer. Cancer is the second leading cause of death globally, and was responsible for 9.6 million deaths in 2018.
4. (a) Amravati
The Andhra Pradesh High Court’s new building at Amaravati was inaugurated by the Chief Justice of India, Ranjan Gogoi. The two-storied building is located at Nelapadu in Amaravati region and has 16 court halls and the building costing Rs 150 Crore houses a 2.70 lakh square feet office space.
5. (d) Iran
Germany, France and the UK have officially set up a payment channel with Iran called INSTEX to help continue trade and avoid US sanctions. The long-awaited special payment system will help save the Iran nuclear deal by allowing Tehran to keep trading with EU companies despite Washington re-imposing sanctions after US President Donald Trump had quit the accord in 2018.
6. (d) Uttar Pradesh
The National Human Rights Commission has issued notice to Uttar Pradesh government over reported death of three labourers and injury to two others due to electrocution in Bareilly district. It has asked a detailed report in the state government within four weeks in the matter along with the relief and rehabilitation to be provided if not already provided.
7. (a) Central African Republic
The United Nations Security Council has adopted a resolution to extend sanctions against the Central African Republic (CAR) for another year. Resolution 2454, adopted unanimously yesterday by the 15-member council, will renew the sanctions regime - an arms embargo, travel ban and asset freeze till January 31, 2020.
8. (a) Russia
US President Donald Trump announced on February 1, 2019 that the United States will pull out of the three-decade-old Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) treaty, which it had signed with Russia during the Cold War.
9. (a) 42
The National Foundation for Communal Harmony (NFCH) on February 4, 2019 organised a special workshop for 42 youth, who have been victims of communal violence in the past, under the Know My India Programme in Bengaluru.
10. (c) Rishi Kumar Shukla
Rishi Kumar Shukla, 1983 batch IPS officer of Madhya Pradesh cadre, was on February 2, 2019 appointed as the new chief of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). He will be serving for a fixed term of two years. He has been appointed in the place of former CBI Director Alok Kumar Verma, who was removed from the post on January 10.