4 January 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like UK Sinha led Expert Committee on MSME, Saubhagya Scheme and suicides of JNV students among others.
1. The Reserve Bank of India on January 2, 2019 constituted UK Sinha led Expert Committee to revive which sector?
2. The East Siang District achieved 100 percent electrification under the Saubhagya Scheme. The District falls under which state?
b) Arunachal Pradesh
c) West Bengal
3. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India on January 3, 2019 notified the new food packaging regulations. The regulator asked food businesses to comply with new regulations by which deadline?
a) May 1, 2019
b) June 1, 2019
c) July 1, 2019
d) August 1, 2019
4. When is the World Braille Day observed every year?
a) 1 January
b) 2 January
c) 3 January
d) 4 January
5. Which state approved the modalities for the distribution of smartphones among students of government schools, colleges and technical institutions?
6. India’s fastest Train 18 will be first launched between New Delhi and which city?
7. Pakistan has abolished visa on arrival for nationals belonging to which nation?
b) United States of America
8. Prime Minister Modi unveiled a plaque to mark the inauguration of the Dolaithabi Barrage project in which state on January 4, 2018?
9. Which among the following bills was passed by the Parliament on January 3, 2018?
a) Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill, 2018
b) Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (Amendment) Bill, 2018
c) The Aadhaar and Other Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2018
d) The Allied and Healthcare Professions Bill, 2018
10. The HRD Ministry has constituted a task force to look into the issues of suicides of the students studying in which schools?
a) Kendriya Vidyalayas
b) Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas
c) Indian Army Public Schools
d) Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas
1. (a) MSME
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on January 2, 2019 constituted an Expert Committee on Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) under the chairmanship of U.K. Sinha, former Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
2. (b) Arunachal Pradesh
The East Siang District of Arunachal Pradesh achieved 100 percent electrification under the Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana (Saubhagya Scheme). The Pasighat Electrical division of the state has electrified 2,662 households which were earlier left out till the end of December 2017.
3. (c) July 1, 2019
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) on January 3, 2019 notified the new food packaging regulations, replacing all provisions regarding the packaging requirements prescribed in the Food Safety and Standards (Packaging and Labelling) Regulations, 2011. While notifying the new packaging norms, the regulator asked food businesses to comply with new regulations by July 1, 2019.
4. (d) 4 January
The first official World Braille Day was celebrated on January 4, 2019. The World Braille Day is observed in order to raise awareness of the importance of braille as a means of communication in the full realisation of the human rights for blind and partially sighted people.
5. (a) Punjab
Punjab Cabinet approved the modalities for the distribution of smartphones, with graduating students of government schools, colleges and technical institutions to be covered in the first phase of the scheme. Students would be required to submit a self-certification, stating that they do not already possess a smartphone.
6. (b) Varanasi
India's fastest Train 18 will soon start its services between Delhi and Varanasi. The train which will run at a speed of 160 kilometre per hour will reduce the journey time between the two cities from the present 11 hours and 30 minutes to 8 hours.
7. (a) Afghanistan
Pakistan on January 3, 2018 abolished the long-standing facility of visa on arrival for Afghan nationals. The Immigration Wing of the Federal Investigation Agency cited increased security risks from the western border as a reason for the move.
8. (d) Manipur
Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled a plaque to mark the inauguration of various projects including Integrated Check Post at Moreh, the Dolaithabi Barrage project, FCI food storage godown at Sawombung, Eco Tourism Complex at Thangal Surung and various water supply schemes in Manipur on January 4, 2018.
9. (c) The Aadhaar and Other Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2018
The Indian Parliament on January 3, 2018 passed the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (Amendment) Bill, 2018 that seeks to do away with the no-detention policy in schools.The Bill seeks to amend the Right to Education (RTE) Act to abolish the no-detention policy in schools. Under the current provisions of the Act, no student can be detained up to class VIII.
10. (d) Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas
The Union Human Resource Development Ministry on December 31, 2018 constituted a task force under the Chairmanship of Psychiatrist, Dr Jitendra Nagpal to look into the issues of suicides of the students in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas. The task force will look into the circumstances leading to the suicidal deaths of students residing in the hostels of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas residential schools.