26 March to 1 April 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease. The week's updated quizzes cover the topics like new acting Chairperson of NGT, Gallantry awards and International Solar Alliance agreement among others.
1. Who has been appointed as the CEO of Ayushman Bharat mission?
a) Bharat Mittal
b) Indu Bhushan
c) Sharad Chandra
d) Vineet Jain
2. Which Indian sportsperson was named as the flag-bearer of the Indian contingent for the 2018 Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast?
a) Virat Kohli
b) P V Sindhu
c) Dipa Karmakar
d) Akashdeep Singh
3. Union Government has decided to divest 76 percent stake in which airlines?
a) Air India
b) Indian Airlines
d) Jet Airways
4. Who was nominated as India’s representative to Executive Board of UNESCO?
a) BM Kapoor
b) JS Rajput
c) Sushant Gupta
d) Prateek Sen
5. The International Solar Alliance recently signed the Host Country Agreement with which country?
6. Who was elected as the President of Myanmar?
a) San Kyi
b) Win Myint
c) Myint Swe
d) Htin Kyaw
7. Which veteran director has been appointed as the new Chairman of central panel of 65th National Film Awards?
a) Imtiaz Ali
b) Shekhar Kapur
c) Mira Nair
d) Anurag Kashyap
8. The construction of Arab world’s first nuclear reactor has been completed. It is located in which nation?
a) Saudi Arabia
9. How many Shaurya Chakras were conferred posthumously by President Ram Nath Kovind in the recent Gallantry award distribution?
10. Who was appointed as the acting chairperson of the National Green Tribunal (NGT)?
a) D Y Chandrachud
b) Dipak Misra
c) RS Swamy
d) Jawad Rahim
11. Which state government has launched toll-free helpline, 181- Sakhi for women?
d) West Bengal
12. Which state has the most number of beggars, as per data released by Union ministry of Social Justice?
a) Andhra Pradesh
b) West Bengal
d) Uttar Pradesh
Answers with Explanation
1. (b) Indu Bhushan
Indu Bhushan has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of the Union Government’s ambitious Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission. Bhushan is currently the Director General of East Asia Department, Asian Development Bank in Manila, Philippines.
2. (b) P V Sindhu
Shuttler P V Sindhu was named as the flag-bearer of the Indian contingent for the opening ceremony of the 2018 Commonwealth Games (CWG), which is scheduled to be held in Gold Coast, Australia on April 4, 2018.
3. (a) Air India
The Union Government has unveiled plans to sell up to 76 percent stake in Air India and transfer the management control to private players, starting the ambitious strategic disinvestment process for the debt-laden national carrier.
4. (b) JS Rajput
Professor J S Rajput, the former Director of NCERT, was nominated as the India’s representative to the Executive Board (EXB) of UNESCO. Professor Rajput is an eminent educationist with rich experience in various fields including UNESCO.
5. (a) India
The International Solar Alliance (ISA) and the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) signed the Host Country Agreement in New Delhi on March 26, 2018. The Agreement will give ISA a juridical personality and gives it power to contract, to acquire and dispose movable and immovable properties to institute and defend legal proceedings.
6. (b) Win Myint
Win Myint, a loyalist of Aung San Suu Kyi, was elected as the new President of Myanmar after the resignation of his predecessor ‘Htin Kyaw’. Myint is a stalwart member of National League for Democracy (NLD).
7. (b) Shekhar Kapur
Veteran director Shekhar Kapur has been appointed chairman of the central panel of the 65th National Film Awards. The central panel comprises a chairperson and 10 other members, including five regional chairpersons who head the respective regional panels.
8. (b) UAE
The United Arab Emirates said on March 26, 2018 that one of the four nuclear reactors at its debut nuclear power plant has been completed. With this development, UAE moves closer to becoming the first Arab nation to produce atomic power.
9. (b) Five
President Ram Nath Kovind conferred Gallantry awards to armed forces personnel at the Defence Investiture Ceremony, held at Rashtrapati Bhawan in New Delhi on March 27, 2018. This year, three Kirti Chakras and 17 Shaurya Chakras were conferred, among which one Kirti Chakra and five Shaurya Chakras were given posthumously.
10. (d) Jawad Rahim
The Supreme Court appointed Justice Jawad Rahim as the new acting chairperson of the National Green Tribunal (NGT). The new acting chairperson will discharge his duties until a regular appointment is made and will take part in selection process of other members of the NGT.
11. (c) Assam
The state government of Assam has launched a women's toll-free helpline called 181-Sakhi to tackle the recent surge in crime in the state. The service is presently being launched for one shift and will be open from 9 am to 5 pm. The helpline aims to assist women with emergency response and rescue.
12. (b) West Bengal
As per the data released by Union ministry of Social Justice, 4,13,670 beggars reside in India, including 2,21,673 males and 1,91,997 females beggars. The data revealed that West Bengal has topped the chart with 81,224 beggars, followed by Uttar Pradesh (65,835).