Weekly Current Affairs Quiz: 30 September to 6 October 2019
The week's updated quizzes cover the topics like new IAF Chief, School Education Quality Index, Swachh Bharat Mission and President of India Prize among others.
30 September to 6 October 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease. The week's updated quizzes cover the topics like new IAF Chief, School Education Quality Index, Swachh Bharat Mission and President of India Prize among others.
1. Who has been appointed as the new IAF Chief?
a) Air Marshal RKS Bhadauria
b) Air Marshal RNS Thakur
c) Air Marshal SN Gupta
d) Air Marshal Ratul Shah
2. Which US fast-fashion retailer filed for bankruptcy recently?
a) Forever 21
3. Who among the following created history by becoming the first girl student to win President of India Prize?
a) Subimal Ghosh
b) Lipi Thukral
c) Kavitha Gopal
d) Divya Agrawal
4. Which state topped the 'School Education Quality Index' released by NITI Aayog?
a) Uttar Pradesh
5. India built how many toilets under the Swachh Bharat Mission?
a) 11 crore
b) 15 crore
c) 10 crore
d) 20 crore
6. Who has been appointed as executive director for India at IMF?
a) Rajiv Gopalachari
b) Surjeet Bhalla
c) S. Nariman
d) Vivek Mohan
7. Who has become the first-ever Indian cricketer to play 100 T20 internationals?
a) Smriti Mandhana
b) Harmanpreet Kaur
c) Virat Kohli
d) Rohit Sharma
8. Which PSU company has announced to launch an initiative to turn plastic into bitumen?
a) Indian Oil
9. The UK court dismissed Pakistan’s claims and ruled in favour of India in a legal battle involving the funds of the 7th Nizam of Hyderabad. How much fund was involved?
10. The Government of India launched which portal recently to improve coal supply to power plants?
11. Who among the following Indian classical musicians has been honoured with a planet named after him?
a) Bhimsen Joshi
b) Lata Mangeshkar
c) Kumar Gandharv
d) Pandit Jasraj
12. What is the household income limit for borrowers of NBFC-MFI in rural areas?
a) 1 lakh
b) 1.5 lakh
c) 1.25 lakh
d) 2 lakh
Answers with Explanation
1. (a) Air Marshal RKS Bhadauria
Air Marshal RKS Bhadauria took over as the new chief of the Indian Air Force on September 30, 2019. He was appointed by the Union Government to succeed Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa after his retirement.
2. (a) Forever 21
US fast-fashion giant, Forever 21, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection recently and said that it will close its stores in Asia and Europe. However, Forever 21 India will not be impacted and it will continue its operations like usual.
3. (c) Kavitha Gopal
Kavitha Gopal has made history by becoming the first girl student in IIT Madras to win the President of India Prize. Previously, only male students had ever won the prize.
4. (c) Kerala
Kerala topped the 'School Education Quality Index', which was recently launched by NITI Aayog. Rajasthan was at second position and Karnataka was at third position on the list. NITI Aayog prepared this index on the basis of 2016-17 data.
5. (a) 11 crore
PM Modi declared India open defecation free on October 2, 2019. The Prime Minister announced that in 60 months, the government has been able to provide 11 crore toilets to over 60 crore people.
6. (b) Surjeet Bhalla
Surjeet Bhalla is a famous economist and former member of economic advisory council of Prime Minister of India. Earlier, RBI’s former deputy Governor Subir Gokarn was working as India’s executive director at IMF but he died on July 30 this year.
7. (b) Harmanpreet Kaur
Harmanpreet Kaur has become first-ever Indian cricketer who played 100 T-20 international matches. Rohit Sharma played 95 T20 international matches. New Zealand’s Suzi Bates is on the top of the list who have played 111 matches.
8. (a) Indian Oil
The Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) Indian Oil has announced to start a venture that can transform plastic into bitumen. The company said that bitumen will be used commercially for road construction. The first short patch of bitumen road was constructed at Faridabad under this initiative.
9. (a) £35m
India has won a decades-old legal dispute over funds worth £35m that belonged to the 7th Nizam of Hyderabad at the UK Court, while Pakistan’s claim over the money was dismissed.
10. (b) Prakash
The central government recently launched ‘Prakash’ portal to improve coal supply to power plants. Prakash-(Power Rail Koyla Availability through Supply Harmony) portal will also help in mapping coal stock in mines as well as monitor the movement of railway rakes and the availability of coal in power plants for stakeholders.
11. (d) Pandit Jasraj
The International Astronomical Union (IAU) has named 'Minor Planet' 2006 VP 32 (Number 300128) after Pandit Jasraj. The planet was discovered on 11 November 2006. He is the first Indian artist to receive this honor.
12. (c) 1.25 lakh
Recently, in a new policy declaration RBI announced that income limit for rural areas to borrow from NBFC-MFI are raised to Rs.1.25 lakh from Rs. 1 lakh. Whereas, in urban and semi-urban it is Rs. 2 lakh.
Also Read: Top Current Affairs Quiz: 5 October 2019
Also Read: Top Current Affairs Quiz: 4 October 2019