Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts Combined Graduate Level (CGL) examination for various posts in different government departments and ministries in the country. Lakhs of aspiring candidates who want to join government jobs apply for these examinations to get placed in a reputed government job.
The competition of SSC CGL posts is getting severe every year with more and more candidates, giving the written examination, which is the first of the Four tiers of selection. The candidates need to go under prelims and mains written examination followed by Descriptive Paper & computer proficiency Test from the commission to finally get selected for the posts. Hence, the candidates need to cross each of the hurdles with utmost care and preparation to ultimately make it to the list of successful candidates, issued by the commission at the end of the recruitment process for a particular year.
The candidates, after filling the form for the SSC CGL examination, should start preparing for the written tests to score well. The prelims examination level is lower than that off the mains and thus many take it casually. But it could turn out to be the most vital mistake from the candidates, as this is the gateway to get successful in this recruitment. Though the marks of the prelims examination doesn’t get counted in the final selection, the candidates must score the cut off marks to move forward to the next round, which is the mains written examination.
Tips to crack SSC CGL in first attempt
Careful examination of the syllabus of written examination: The candidates must undergo the official notification available along with the application form to know more about the syllabus and examination pattern. They should look for both the prelims and mains written test syllabus in detail to start preparation accordingly. There are specific questions and patterns of questions that the candidates must follow to crack the examination with good marks.
Avoid giving wrong answers: The first and foremost rule, while giving the written examination, is to avoid mark wrong answers or answers with which you are not sure about. Giving wrong answers means deduction of one-fourth marks of the actual marks in the question. This could lower your chances to get through the prelims round and move to the main round of written test.
Practice previous year question papers and mock questions: The best way to prepare for the examination is to create an environment of competition. The candidates must undergo group studies and practice previous year questions and mock papers. This gives perfect idea to the candidates about the time they are ticking to solve particular number of questions. They could better their score by taking this approach of solving questions, while preparing.
Answer the questions with confidence: Confidence is the key to success for any particular competitive examination. It can make or break chances of candidates in any crucial stage. Not only in the written test, but it is important to get hold of yours nerves in the personal interview round and face the board with confidence. This helps scoring well in the recruitment rounds and increases your chance to get selected finally for the post.
Study about the field you are interested: After clearing the mains written test the candidates would be posted to the various posts which are available in different departments and ministries. The candidates must have a clear idea about the particular post or department they have applied for. This could help them answering the questions asked in the interview round by the board. This gives the additional edge from the other contemporary candidates who are racing along with you to bag the post.
If you are an aspirant looking for Sarkari Naukri, you would already be aware of the kind and types of SSC Jobs that are on offer through the SSC CGL recruitment examination. Despite being one of the most sought after job profiles available to aspirants to become a central government employee, many are still doubtful about joining them. This is primarily due to lack of awareness about the opportunities on offer through SSC CGL Jobs and the kind of positions and associated social status and prestige that it attracts. To break this myth, we will try and look at some factors that will enhance your social standing and prestige in the society through SSC CGL Jobs.
Central Government Job
Traditionally, Sarkari Naukri at any level and position has been looked upon as a prestigious employment opportunity by the Indian society. However, being a ‘Babu’ in the Central Government Setup is the icing on the cake for any Government job aspirant. The social status attached to being an officer or employee with central government is still very strong, which acts an incentive for many aspirants.
Handsome Salary & Perks
Central Government has always been considered to be a handsome paymaster among all governmental organizations. SSC Jobs being one of the top-ranking positions within the governmental machinery are also provided the benefit of this factor. The majority of SSC Jobs fall within high bracket pay-band and attracts excellent salary. In addition to this, senior officers within the SSC CCL Job profiles like Tax auditors, inspectors, and assistants also receive perks like free health insurance, accommodation in Delhi or other major cities, host of allowances and many other benefits. All these factors add to the officer’s personal social standing in the society.
Job Security & Stability
Job security has become a very important factor as far as employment opportunities are concerned. While job security is a common factor for all government employees, being a high ranking officer means that it is further consolidated. SSC Jobs provide excellent job security to individual officers as the system is well organized and has several checks and balances to counter any wrongdoing. Private sector employees, even at higher echelons in the organizational hierarchy are given pink slips without any notices, which will never happen to a government employee. This clearly demonstrates the kind of stability and security that central government job has to offer through SSC CCL Jobs.
Different Posts & Positions
Many students often show their aversion to SSC Jobs because they think the employment opportunities offered through this exam are at lower levels. While this statement may hold true for some posts but not all. SSC is a centralized government recruitment agency that conducts exams to pick the best candidates for different positions. The positions offered under SSC CGL exams includes high ranking profiles like Income Tax Inspectors and Enforcement officers, Ministerial assistants, Sub Inspector and many others. In short, SSC CGL exams open a host of positions to Sarkari Naukri aspirants, some of which are at high level and attract excellent administrative power and social recognition in the society.
Another important aspect that Sarkari Naukri aspirants must consider while considering SSC Jobs is the excellent promotion policy that it offers. Majority of job profiles offered through SSC exams enable candidates to become a gazetted officer through first or second promotion. The kind of respect and social prestige that a Central government gazetted officer attracts in the society is known to all.
Apart from the aforementioned factors, the premise that central government employees are part of the government machinery and are in one way or other are serving and contributing to the development of this country is an incentive enough for the society to look upon you with a sense of pride and respect.
SSC exams are among the most sought exams held for the government jobs in India. Through SSC exams, The Qualified candidates are deputed under various government departments and other ministerial posts as a grade-‘C’ & ‘D’ officers. However, it is observed that the SSC exams get delayed in their conduction due to some managerial problems or technical faults most of the times. This delay can be in any phase of the examination whether it is Tier-1 or 2 or 3. Sometimes, the registration date get extended or exam dates are postponed or other things are deceased in deferring of the exams. A lots of students come in their comfort zone and enjoy the extended time in watching movies or planning holidays or in other stuffs. They do not know how to utilize this time in making selection.
In this article, we are sharing some useful and essential tips for utilizing the extended time in preparation of SSC exams. What you should do? Let us check these out.
How to plan study in the extended time
• The candidates can make use of most of the time, which they have got due to the delay in the examination. It has provided additional time to prepare for both the online exam and written exam.
• Because the commission has inducted the examination online from 2016 onwards, the online and written examination gap is expected to shorten. Thus, the candidates must begin preparation for both the examinations from now as they would not get much time in between. They should divide their time of preparation for both examinations.
• The candidates must take note of the incidents and events of national and international importance in this while, as they could formulate questions in the examination. They should keep a regular eye on the everyday news, through online and offline sources available to them.
• The candidates must search for effective books available in the field of preparation and should look for mock question papers available in different sources.
• If the candidates feel that they require guidance on how to prepare for the examination, they could join a preparation coaching class for a month or so on and undergo a crash course. This would help developing newer ideas and enable them to learn new tricks and methods to approach tricky questions.
• The candidates should take their own test while preparation. They should keep an eye on the time that they clock to solve a certain number of questions in the particular paper. They should try and better their time as the time passes in their preparation process.
• Candidates must ensure that they address the paper they are weak in, seriously in the extra time that they have got before the examination. They should resort to the basics of the particular subject and try to solve the problem from the root.
• You can even take help from their friends by studying in groups and discussing approaches of questions and other details regarding the subject of their discomfort.
• Candidates must undergo regular writing and reading practice to make sure that they perform well in the English language paper. They should try to accumulate more words into their vocabulary and work on making their sentence formation skills better.
• Those candidates, who have fear for computer machines and are not aware of the online examination module, could quickly learn about the computer basics by roping themselves in a short term computer course.
The extended time, given by the commission to the candidates applied for various SSC posts, would help the candidates prepare better for the examination. They would be able to use to the time to shed their fear from any particular subject and work on the same to better it. This would also make way for many candidates to undergo an extensive preparation schedule, in which they can focus majorly on their weaker areas and strengthen their chances of getting selected to the posts offered by SSC through several entries for government offices and ministries.
All the Best!