10 GK Questions and Answers on Parliament of India
In 1974, the Hindi names ‘Rajya Sabha’ and ‘Lok Sabha’ were adopted by the Council of States and the House of People representative.
1. What is another name of the Council of States?
A. Lok Sabha
B Rajya Sabha
D. Adhoc Committee
2. What is another name of the Lok Sabha?
A. Council of States
B. The Upper House
C. The House of the People
3. The maximum strength (number of members) of the Rajya Sabha :
4. The President can nominate how many members in the Rajya Sabha & Lok Sabha?
A. 6, 3
B. 8, 2
C. 10, 3
D. 12, 2
5. Who is the ex-officio Chairman of Rajya Sabha ?
A. President of India
B. Vice President of India
C. Prime Minister of India
D. Chosen from the members of the Rajya Sabha
6. What is the tenure of the elected members of Rajya Sabha?
A. 2 years
B. 4 Years
C. 6 Years
D. 8 Years
7. Which Article is related to the Money Bill and where it can be introduced?
A. Article 110, Rajya Sabha
B. Article 110, Lok Sabha
C. Article 121, Rajya Sabha
D. Article 121, Lok Sabha
8. Which of the following is not an eligibility criterion to become a member of Lok Sabha?
A. Age 25 years or over
B. Mentally sound
C. Candidate should not hold office of profit.
D. Must be from Arts field.
9. As per Constitution of India, what is the maximum strength (number of members) of the Lok Sabha?
10. Who among the following is the presiding officer of the Lok Sabha?
C. Speaker of Lok Sabha
D. Prime Minister