General Knowledge Question and Answer: National Flag of India
"National Flag" is a symbol of freedom and sovereignty of any country. The Indian National Flag was adopted by the Constituent Assembly on July 22, 1947. In this set of quiz 9 questions based on the National Flag of India are being given which will be very useful for examinations like IAS/PCS/SSC.
1. Who said this statement; "A flag is not only a symbol of our independence but also the freedoms of all people."
(a) Jawaharlal Nehru
(b) Mahatma Gandhi
(c) Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel
(d) Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar
Explanation: Jawaharlal Nehru
2. Who designed the present National Flag of India?
(a) Sachindra Prasad Bose
(b) Sukumar Mitra
(c) Pingali Venkaiya
(d) Sarojini Naidu
Explanation: Pingali Venkayya
3. When "Chakra" between the National Flag had replaced Charkha(spinning wheeel)?
4. Which statement is not true about India's National Flag?
(a) The ratio of the length and width of the flag is 2: 3
(b) There is a 'Charkha' in the middle of the white strip, which is a symbol of progress and mobility
(c) The "Charkha" between the flag is taken from the Ashok Chakra
(d) The diameter of "Charkha" is approximately three-fourth of the width of the white strip of the flag
Explanation: The ratio of the length and width of the flag is 3: 2.
5. Which of the following work comes under the category of crime?
(a) Wearing the flag down the knee
(b) Using the National Flag made of plastic
(c) Use of National Flag for business, business or profession
(d) All of the above
Explanation: All the above
6. Which colour remains at the top while hoisting the National Flag?
7. What is the mean of white colour used in the National Flag?
(b) Truth and Purity of thoughts
(c) Prosperity of life
(d) None of the above
Explanation: Truth and Purity of thoughts
8. Where can the National Flag be hoisted?
(a) At Rashtrapati Bhavan
(b) At Parliament House
(c) At the houses of common people
(d) All of the above
Explanation: From January 26, 2002, the National Flag code has been changed. Now Indians have been given the freedom to hoist the National Flag at any time proudly anywhere.
9. Under which article did the Supreme Court declared the right to hoist the National Flag as the Fundamental Right?
(a) Article 19 (i)
(b) Article 14
(c) Article 18
(d) Article 21
Explanation: In 2002, the Supreme Court had declared the right to hoist the National Flag under Article 19 (i) (a) of the Constitution as the Fundamental Right.