India-China standoff: GK Questions and Answers
As usual India and China were striving to solve the border dispute but this time the escalation increased and soldiers of both sides died in the tussle in the Galvan valley.
1. Which of the following Indian state does not share a border with China?
(c) Himachal Pradesh
Explanation: Indian state Assam does not share a border with China while other states given in the option are share border with China.
2. What is the name of the line between India and China border?
(a) Redcliff Line
(b) Durand Line
(c) Mcmohan Line
(d) Silent line
Explanation: The McMahon Line is the demarcation line between the North-east region of India and Tibet. This line was proposed by Sir Henry McMahon at the Simla Convention in 1914. Keep in mind that McMahon Line is not the legal boundary between China and India.
3. Which of the following is not the disputed site between India & China?
(b) Galwan valley
(c) Depsang Plains
(d) Lipulekh pass
Explanation: Lipulekh pass exists between India and Nepal. While the other three places are disputed sites between India and China.
4. Wagah Border exists between.........
(a) India and Pakistan
(b) India and China
(c) India and Afghanistan
(d) India and Nepal
Explanation: Wagah Border exists between India and Pakistan. This place is very famous for its flag ceremony.
5. Which of the following country does not share a border with India?
Explanation: the Maldives does not share a land borders with India although it has a very close maritime border with Lakshadweep (India).
6. Which of the following country has the longest border with India?
Explanation: India borders 7 countries; Pakistan, Bangladesh, China, Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar, and Afghanistan. India has the longest land border with Bangladesh i.e. 4,096 km while it shares a 1,751 km border with Nepal.
7. Which of the following country does not have a maritime border with India?
Explanation: China does not have a maritime border with India. China has a 3,488 square KM long land border with China.
8. Which force take care of the land border of India against China?
(a) Border Security Force
(b) Sashastra Seema Bal
(c) Indo-Tibetan Border Police and Special Frontier Force
(d) Central Reserve Police Force
Explanation: The Indo-Tibetan Border Police and the Special Frontier Force guards the Land borders of India against China.
9. When India-china fought the deadliest war?
Explanation: India-china fought the deadliest war in 1962. This was an undeclared war that started and stopped by China. Around 1,383 Indian and 722 Chinese soldiers killed in this war.
10. What is the defense budget of India?
(a)US$ 178 billion
(b)US$ 70 billion
(c) US$ 300 billion
(d) US$ 110 billion
Explanation: The Indian defense budget is US$ 70 billion in 2020 while China has defense budget of US$ 178 billion in 2019.