GK Questions and answers on Indian Economy: Micro and Small industries in Uttar Pradesh
Jagran Josh, is publishing a set of 10 questions & answers based on the topic of "Small and Cottage Industries in Uttar Pradesh" for the aspirants preparing for various competitive examinations such as IAS / PCS / SSC / Banking etc.
1. Which districts of Uttar Pradesh manufacture cigarettes?
(a) Meerut, Ghaziabad, Mathura
(b) Saharanpur and Ghaziabad
(c) Agra, Kanpur, Modi Nagar
(d) Moradabad, Aligarh
Explanation: Cigarettes are manufactured in mainly two districts of Uttar Pradesh i.e. Saharanpur and Ghaziabad.
2. How much percentage is contributed by the industry sector in the economy of Uttar Pradesh?
Explanation: The contribution of the industry sector in the economy of Uttar Pradesh is about 25%.
3. Which of the following statement is not correct?
(a) The primary sector contributes about 26.7%in Uttar Pradesh's economy in FY 2017-18.
(b) The secondary sector's contributes about 11% in Uttar Pradesh's economy in FY 2017-18.
(c) Tertiary sector contributes about 50.5% in Uttar Pradesh's economy in FY 2017-18
(d) In fiscal year 2017-18, the growth of the tertiary sector was highest in Uttar Pradesh in FY 2017-18
Explanation: In the financial year 2017-18, the contribution of secondary sector in the economy of Uttar Pradesh was 22.8% while tertiary sector in the Uttar Pradesh had highest growth rate of 8.7%.
4. What is the base year for calculating the Gross Domestic Product of Uttar Pradesh?
Explanation: The base year for the calculation of the GDP of Uttar Pradesh is 2011-12.
5. Which of the following is not matched correctly?
(a) Manufacturing of Sports Goods: Meerut
(b) Soap Manufacturing: Kanpur
(c) Cigarette Manufacturing: Ghaziabad
(d) Biscuit Manufacturing: Lucknow
Explanation: Biscuits are manufactured in Modi Nagar, Agra and Aligarh.
6. The "weights" are manufactured in .....
(a) Saharanpur and Agra
(b) Lucknow and Varanasi
(c) Khurja and Bareilly
(d) Tanda and Meerut
Explanation: The Manufacturing of “weights” take place in Saharanpur and Agra districts of Uttar Pradesh.
7. How many Special Economic Zones (SEZs) are formally approved in Uttar Pradesh?
Explanation: There are 24 formally approved Special Economic Zones (SEZs) in UP while 19 are notified SEZs and currently there are only 11 operational Special Economic Zones in the state.
8. Which is the largest industry of the Uttar Pradesh?
(a) Handloom industry
(b) Information Technology
(c) Cement manufacturing industry
(d) Sports equipment Industry
Explanation: The biggest industry in Uttar Pradesh is the handloom industry.
9. Which city is known as Manchester of Northern India?
Explanation: Kanpur is called the Manchester of North India. Kanpur is a big centre of textile manufacturing in North India.
10. Which of the following is matched correctly?
(a) First Sugar Mill in Uttar Pradesh: Allahabad
(b) Opium Factory: Banda
(c) Bharat Steel Rolling Mill: Kanpur
(d) India Polyfibres Limited: Barabanki
Explanation: India Polyfibres Limited is located in Barabanki, Uttar Pradesh.