GK Quiz on Teacher’s Day
In India Teacher’s Day is celebrated every year as a mark of accolade to the part played by the teachers in the society. Since 1962, India has been celebrating Teacher's Day on 5th September. The day commemorates the birthday of Dr Sarvepalli Radhakhrishnan, a philosopher and a teacher, and his mindflex contribution to the field of education. Dr. Radhakrishnan believed that "teachers should be the best minds in the country".
Teachers are the cornerstones of our future and act as foundation for creating responsible citizens and good human beings. This day is celebrated to show our acknowledgement and recognition of the hard work put in by our teachers towards our development. Let’s play the quiz to find out the reason, its importance, the great mentor, academician, India’s President and above all a great Teacher behind the celebration of the auspicious day.
1. Since when India is celebrating Teacher’s Day?
2. How Teacher’s Day is originated?
A. Birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru
B. Birthday of Indira Gandhi
C. Birthday of Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan
D. None of the above
3. Read the following statements about Dr. Radhakrishnan:
(i) He became the first Vice President of India.
(ii) He was elected to the constituent assembly of India.
(iii) In 1954 he was awarded with Bharat Ratna.
(iv) He had received the Peace Prize of the German Book Trade in 1961.
Select which of the following statements about Dr. Radhakrishnan is/are correct:
A. Both (i) and (ii) are correct
B. Both (iii) and (iv) are correct
C. (i), (ii) and (iii) are correct
D. All the four are correct
4. Who said that “Teaching is not a profession, a way of life”?
A. Dr. Radhakrishnan
B. Swami Vivekananda
C. Gulzarilal Nanda
D. Narendra Modi
5. When Dr. Radhakrishnan became the President of India?
Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan: The Nation's Teacher
6. University Education Commission was formed in which year?
7. In 1931 Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan became the Vice Chancellor of which University?
A. Mysore University
B. Andhra University
C. Karnataka University
D. None of the above
8. On which date in India Teacher’s Day is celebrated?
A. 14 November
B. 5 October
C. 5 September
D. 5 October
9. Guess who was the teacher of Lord Krishna?
B. Sandipani Muni
C. Rishi Visishtha
D. Garga Muni
10. In which subject Dr. Radhakrishnan had done his Post Graduation?
Read more about: