GK Quiz on Women Empowerment Schemes in India
Indian Government has started several schemes to empower women in various spheres. The principles of gender equality are also enshrined in the Constitution of India. The Indian government has recognised various women issues. Some of the government schemes are as follows which will increase your general knowledge and also help in the preparation of competitive examinations.
- Name the online platform launched by the Ministry of Women and Child Development to support women entrepreneurs?
A. Digital India
B. Mahila E-haat
C. One Stop Centre Scheme
D. None of the above
Explanation: Mahila E-haat scheme was launched by the Ministry of Women and Child Development on 7 March, 2016 to support women entrepreneurs. It is basically a direct online marketing platform.
- The Central Social Welfare Board was established in....
Explanation: The Central Social Welfare Board was established in 1953 by a Resolution of Government of India.
- Women Helpline Scheme was launched in...
Explanation: Women Helpline Scheme was launched on 1 April, 2015.
- Which of the following scheme provide education to girls and their welfare?
A. One Stop Centre Scheme
C. SWADHAR Scheme
D. Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
Explanation: Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme provide education to girls and their welfare.
- Which scheme helps in the prevention of trafficking and provide support for rescue, rehabilitation, reintegration and repatriation of women?
A. Ujjawala scheme
B. STEP scheme
C. Priyadasrshini Scheme
Explanation: Ujjawala scheme is a Comprehensive Scheme for Prevention of trafficking and Rescue, Rehabilitation and Re-integration of Victims of Trafficking and Commercial Sexual Exploitation.
- Support to Training and Employment Programme for Women scheme is....
C. Nari Shakti Puraskar
Explanation: STEP Scheme is Support to training and Employment Programme for Women which provide skills that give employability to women.
- Priyadarshini scheme provides:
A. Women Empowerment
B. Livelihood in Mid-Gangetic plains
C. Empower to address women legal, political and health problems
D. All the above are correct.
Explanation: Priyadasrshini is a Women Empowerment and Livelihood programme in Mid-Gangetic Plains.
- Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahyog Yojana was launched in...
Explanation: Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahyog Yojana was launched in 2010. It is a Conditional Maternity Benefit (CMB) Scheme of the Government of India.
- National Mission for Empowerment of Women was launched on:
A. 15 August, 2010
B. 15 August, 2011
C. 15 October, 2010
D. 15 October, 2011
Explanation: National Mission for Empowerment of Women was launched on 15 August, 2011 to empower women holistically.
- Which scheme promotes community participation through involvement of Students Volunteers for empowerment of rural women?
A. NAND-GHAR YOJANA
B. eSamvad Portal
C. Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra scheme
D. She-Box Portal
Explanation: Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra scheme promote community participation through involvement of Students Volunteers for empowerment of rural women.
These are the Indian Government Schemes that work for the empowerment of the women in different spheres.