International Picnic Day 2021: Date, Quotes, Wishes, Messages, Greetings, Poems, and more
International Picnic Day 2021: The day provides a chance to spend some time with family and friends, eat out in the open air, and pack a picnic basket. But due to COVID-19, the celebration will be limited. On this day you can connect with your loved ones via zoom call or whatever online chat platform you prefer. International Picnic Day is celebrated in various countries.
International Picnic Day 2021: Quotes
1. “You Bring Your Own Weather to a Picnic.” - Gretchen Rubin
2. “I’ve liked lots of people ’til I went on a picnic jaunt with them.” - Bess Truman
3. "If the rain spoils our picnic, but saves a farmer's crop, who are we to say it shouldn't rain?" - Tom Barrett
4. “There Are Few Things So Pleasant as a Picnic Eaten in Perfect Comfort.” - W. Somerset Maugham
5. “Nothing’s Better Than a Picnic.” - Zooey Deschanel
6. “Unless you are at a picnic, life is no picnic”- Jane Wagner
7. "I'm into all that sappy stuff - a surprise picnic, nice dinner, or traveling. I'm kind of an old romantic." - Will Estes
8. "My dream date would be a hike through the woods followed by an outdoor picnic followed by a glass of wine at sunset. Heaven!" - Nina Agdal
9. “Life is a picnic on a precipice.” - W.H. Auden
10. “I’m really big on day dates. If you go for a stroll, have a picnic or lunch with a glass of wine – it doesn’t get better than that.” – Meghan Markle
11. “A picnic is more than eating a meal, it is a pleasurable state of mind.” - DeeDee Stovel
12. "Music was a big part of my family with gatherings, picnics, barbecues."- Lou Williams
13. “There are few things so pleasant as a picnic eaten in perfect comfort.”- W. Somerset Maugham
14. “Things taste better outdoors. And if it’s a forbidden thing, so much the better.” - Franny Billingsley
15. “Picnics are very dear to those who are in the first stage of the tender passion.” - Arthur Conan Doyle
International Picnic Day 2021: Wishes and Messages
1. On the occasion of International Picnic Day, I wish that you enjoy a wonderful picnic with your loved ones.
2. Picnics are the most special memories I have of my childhood and on International Picnic Day, I want to live them again.
3. On International Picnic Day, I just don’t want to send across my warm wishes to you but I want to go out on a picnic with you.
4. I wish I could enjoy that delicious food every day that we have in our picnic days, happy picnic day to everyone.
5. Warm wishes to all the picnic lovers. I know you must have been enjoying this beautiful day with all your family members and friends.
6. International Picnic Day is the reminder that we must take some time out from our routine to enjoy happy times with our dear ones on a picnic.
7. You are never too old to go for a picnic. May you are blessed with many more picnics with your loved ones. Wishing you a very Happy International Picnic Day.
8. A picnic is a state of mind and can be made anywhere. On this Picnic Day, let us all celebrate with our loved ones at home. Wishing you a very Happy International Picnic Day.
9. The only thing is quality of life; if you have a place where you can go and have a picnic with your family, it doesn’t matter if it’s a recession or not, you can include that in your quality of life. Happy Picnic Day!
10. Life needs a few more polka dots and picnics. Happy International Picnic Day!
International Picnic Day 2021: Poems
The Picnic Bench
Walk by alone,
or have people by the side.
The picnic bench is one that is relied.
To be a go-to place no matter
Put on a red and white table cloth,
have a picnic,
choose your recreation.
Walk over and put your foot on the bench.
Make a phone-call,
or sing in the rain and get drenched.
Have a date see how it goes,
the people who come by change,
but the picnic bench knows
it has nowhere else to go.
A necessity that people are unaware.
Since the limit is six,
pull up a chair.
Light a candle in this dark summer night.
We have food, a fire pit that is cooking,
a guitar, marshmallows to roast, friendship,
and this picnic bench makes it all right.
By Luna Casablanca
We meet again, young debutante!
but what next?
shall we ponder over coffee,
or dance through the streets
with only our thoughts to keep rhythm?
Let us ask thine friend, the caterpillar.
nay, he says, neither are to be,
it is a picnic that you seek.
where the ground is warm,
and the sun is hot.
What a grand idea!
I shall go right off
to make thy picnic one of perfection!
but where to start?
to the butcher for meat.
the baker for bread.
Why must he bother me yet again?
He stalks me like a shadow,
claiming I talk to caterpillars.
he’’s raving mad!
A picnic? I will do no such thing?
however, I can use this to my advantage.
The butcher’s cleaver never looked so beautiful,
the soft glimmer in the light,
Oh but if i could get my hands on it!
His back is turned, now’s my chance!
Oh dearest! please have some ham and bread.
come sit by me and tell me of your day!
Oh I pray you tell me about your learnings!
What beautiful hair you have!
It glows like the sun shines,
and your dress is even more beautiful than before,
tell me, how do you radiate such beauty?
I will lie.
I can feel the cleaver in my bag,
a weight on my shoulder,
the meat and bread are horrid.
he is so pathetic!
Beauty is the way the blood spurted from his chest!
glowing is how my face feels when it is splashed with his blood!
gentle is the wind over his lifeless body.
Oh what a grand picnic indeed!
By Bryar Trent
A Lovely Picnic With Friends
Oh what a lovely day it was
The weather warm and sweet
Packed with friends we cherish
No better folks could you meet
We barbequed dogs on the grill
Out in the bright sunshine
Enjoying the open sky to eat
A meal that was truly fine
Burgers too were grilled just right
Topped with onions and stuff
Just simple tasty scrumptious food
Without a lot of unnecessary fluff
Deviled eggs so perfectly made
With a sprinkle of paprika on top
A delicious blend of flavors
That really truly hit the spot
It was a day we will remember
Good food, good friends together
Can’t ask for a more relaxing time
With the gift of perfect fall weather!
By Marilyn Lott