Static GK and Current Events Questions and Answers: 11th January 2021
Take a look at the following GK Questions. As the exams for various government jobs are nearing, Jagran Josh brings you a set of 10 questions every day based on Static and Current events to brush up your memory. Solve these questions to be fully prepared for the exams.
- Where was the initial Republic Day parade held in India?
- Agra Fort
- India Gate
- Gateway of India
- Red Fort
Explanation: The very first Republic Day was held in Red Fort in 1950. The tricolour was hoisted for the first time by the President Rajendra Prasad there.
2. This year which dignitary was invited for the Republic Day but cancelled?
- Boris Johnson
- Joe Biden
- Jair Bolsonaro
- No one was called
Explanation: UKs Prime Minister Boris Johnson was supposed to come to India for the Republic Day 2021 but cancelled his visit due to new strain of Coronavirus spread in Britain.
- As per the Statement on Climate of India during 2020 released, choose the correct statement of the following
i) 2020 was the eighth warmest year since nation-wide records commenced in 1901
ii) Factors that contributed to this warming is the monsoon and post-monsoon seasons with mean temperature anomalies
- Only i
- Only ii
- Both i and ii
- None of the above
Explanation: The State of the Climate Report mentions the temperature and rainfall annually. It stated that 2020 was the eighth warmest year on record since 1901. Factors that contributed to this warming is the monsoon and post-monsoon seasons with mean temperature anomalies that are Actual temperature-Normal temperature of +0.430C and +0.530C respectively.
- Who releases the State of Climate Report?
- United Nations
- International Space Station
Explanation: A Statement on Climate of India during 2020 has been issued by the Climate Research and Services (CRS) of the India Meteorological Department (IMD). Also Read| Statement on Climate of India during 2020: All you need to know
- What does MURIL stand for?
- Multiple User Research for Indian Languages
- Multi-User Research for Indian Languages
- Multiple User Regional Platform for Indian Languages
- Multilingual Representations for Indian Languages
Explanation: Google unveiled a new AI-powered language model 'MuRIL' on 17 December 2020 at its L10n event. Users can now toggle search results between English and any of the four newly added Indian languages.
- Which of the following languages has been added to MuRIL?
Explanation: Users can now toggle search results between English and any of the four newly added Indian languages-- Tamil, Telugu, Bangla, and Marathi-- on mobile devices. Also, Google Maps (navigation app of Google) will now support nine Indian languages.
- How many Indian languages are supported by MuRIL?
Explanation: Multilingual Representations for Indian Languages (MuRIL) is the latest multilingual model launched by Google and is aimed at improving interoperability from one language to another. As per Google, MuRIL supports 16 Indian languages.
- Who is the scientist that discovered the Cell?
- Robert Hooke
- Martinus Beijerinck
- Richard Simpson
Explanation: In 1665, the cell was first discovered by Robert Hooke. Martinus Beijneinck was called the Father of Virus.
- Why is National Youth Day celebrated?
i) It the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekanand
ii) Vivekanand himself marked 12th January as the Youth day dedicating his life to the young generation
- Only i
- Only ii
- Both i and ii
Explanation: National Youth Day is celebrated on 12 January to pay tribute to Swami Vivekananda on his birthday. It is also known as Swami Vivekananda Jayanti.
- The largest floating solar plant is being built on which of the following rivers?
Explanation: The largest floating solar power plant is being built on the Omkareshwar dam on River Narmada in Madhya Pradesh.