Important facts about Board of Control for Cricket in India
The BCCI is India's richest sporting body and the richest cricket board in the world. BCCI does not depend on the Government of India for its finances. Hence BCCI is not a government body.
BYJU is the current the official Indian cricket team sponsor for a period of almost 3 years. The deal period will begin from 5 September, 2019 until 31 March, 2022.
Before Byju, the deal between the BCCI and Oppo inked in 2017 for a five-year period, was reportedly worth ₹1079 crore but broken before schedule . Oppo was paying BCCI Rs 4.61 crore per bilateral match and Rs 1.56 crore for an ICC event game.
Let’s know facts about BCCI;
1. BCCI headquarter is in Wankhede Stadium, Churchgate, Mumbai,Maharashtra, India.
2. Team sponsor of the Indian Cricket Team is Byju. Other sponsors are;
3. BCCI has its own constitution which has specified the rules and regulations for players and administrators for its smooth functioning.
4. Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) will still receive ($293 million)the largest share in the new revenue model put in place by the International Cricket Council (ICC) that will be effective from 2016 to 2023. England Cricket Board (ECB) will receive $143m, Zimbabwe Cricket Board $94m and the remaining seven Full Members $132m each.
5. BCCI has international affiliation from ICC while it has regional affiliation from the Asian Cricket Council as well.
6. Support staff of the Indian Cricket Team is;
a. Head coach - India Ravi Shastri
b. Batting coach - Vikram Rathour
c. Bowling coach - India Bharat Arun
d. Fielding coach - India Ramakrishnan Sridhar
e. Women's coach- Woorkeri Raman
f. Trainer - Nick Webb
h. Physio - Nitin Patel
i. Manager: India Girish Dongre
7. The BCCI organises the following domestic cricket competitions:
a. Indian Premier League
b. Ranji Trophy
c. Duleep Trophy
d. Deodhar Trophy
e. BCCI Corporate Trophy
f. Vijay Hazare Trophy
g. Syed Mushtaq Ali Troph
h. Irani Cup
i. NKP Salve Challenger Trophy
j. Senior Women's One Day League
k. Senior Women's T20 League
8. The President of the Board of Control for Cricket in India is the highest post at the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), which runs Cricket in India.
So these were some crucial and important facts about the BCCI. These facts are very important for different exams to be held in India.