GK Questions & Answers on Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, INA, Rani Jhansi Regiment, Azad Hind Fauj
Check your knowledge by answering the following General Knowledge Questions based on the life of Subhash Chandra Bose like Azad Hind Fauj, Indian National Army, Forward Bloc, Rani Jhansi Regiment etc. Check out the questions below.
- Who among the following leaders joined Netaji Bose to establish the Forward Bloc and participated in the INA Movement?
- Sheel Bhadra Yajee
- Mohan Lal
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Motilal Nehru
Explanation: Sheel Bhadra Yajee, an activist from Bihar, joined Subhash Chandra Bose to establish the All India Forward Bloc and also participated in the INA Movement.
- What did Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose do on October 21, 1943, that is celebrated till today?
i) Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose announced the formation of the ‘Arzi Hukumat-e-Azad Hind’
ii) Subhash Chandra Bose announced himself to be a free citizen of India
iii) Subhash Chandra Bose announced India’s Government was completely free from the British Rule
- Only i
- i and ii
- ii and iii
- i and iii
Explanation: On October 21, 1943, Netaji announced the formation of the ‘Arzi Hukumat-e-Azad Hind’ or the provincial government of free India in Singapore and declared war on the British Empire.
- Under the provincial Government set up by Netaji, who was given which portfolio among the options below?
- Netaji Bose was the Head of Finance
- Captain Lakshmi headed the women’s organisation
- SA Iyer headed the Ministry of War
- Ras Behari Bose headed the Public Division
Explanation: Under the provisional Government, Bose was the Head of State, Prime Minister and Minister of War. Captain Lakshmi headed the women’s organisation while SA Ayer headed the publicity wing in the newly-formed government. Revolutionary leader Ras Behari Bose was designated as the supreme adviser by Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
- Azad Hind Radio Service was started in which year?
Explanation: The Azad Hind Radio was a radio service under the leadership of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose and Adolf Hitler in Nazi Germany in 1942 to encourage Indians to fight for the Axis Powers. Bose reached Germany via Afghanistan, Russia and Italy after escaping the British Government. Indians heard Bose after one year, in March 1942 over Radio Berlin.
- Who was chosen against Subhash Chandra Bose, during re-election as President of INC at Tripuri Session in 1939?
- Pattabhi Sitaramaiyya
- JB Kriplani
- Rajendra Prasad
- Abdul Kalam Azad
Explanation: Subhash Chandra Bose, who had been the Congress President for a year, desired another one-year term at the end of 1938. But as Sitaramayya was backed by Gandhi, he was elected over Netaji.
6. What did Subhash Chandra Bose name the Andaman and Nicobar Islands?
- Shahid Swaraj Islands
- Swaraj Islands
- Subhash Islands
- Kala Pani
Explanation: Subhash Chandra Bose was the one who named the Andaman and Nicobar Islands as Shahid Swaraj Islands
7. Which of the following statements is true about the Rani Jhansi Regiment?
i) It was a women-only regiment of the Indian National Army (INA)
ii) Captain Lakshmi Swaminathan was also known as Captain Lakshmi Sahgal, who was the leader of this unit
- Only i
- Only ii
- Both i and ii
- None of the above
Explanation: The Rani Jhansi Regiment was led by Captain Lakshmi Swaminathan (better known as Lakshmi Sahgal) and it was the only women regiment of the Indian National Army in 1943.
8. Which of the following statements is true about Subhash Chandra Bose?
i) Bose was born on 23 January 1897 in Cuttack
ii) He qualified for the Civil Services but left the job
iii) He was not a member of the Indian National Congress
- i and ii
- ii and iii
- i and iii
- i, ii and iii
Explanation: Subhash Chandra Bose was born on 23 January 1897 in Cuttack. Bose qualified for the Indian Civil Services Examination (ICS) but soon quit. He was an active member of the Indian National Congress.
9. In which city is Netaji Subash Chandra Bose Museum present?
- New Delhi
- Port Blair
- All of the above
Explanation: On the 122nd anniversary of Netaji, Prime Minister Modi inaugurated the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Museum in New Delhi, in 2019. Out of the above three cities, the museum is present only in New Delhi.
10. In which year was Forward Bloc formed?
Explanation: Forward Bloc emerged as a faction within the Indian National Congress in 1939. It was led by Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.