H-1B Visa is a kind of non immigrant Visa provided for immigration to United States of America under the Section 101 (15) of the Immigration and Nationality Act of the USA. This visa permits the American companies to provide temporary employment opportunities to immigrants in various professions. According to the present American laws, within a year, only 65000 individuals can be granted the H-1B visa.
Image source:The Indian Express
Following questions and answers are usually asked while an applicant is interviewed for H-1B Visa.
1. If your manager throws you out of the job, what will you do?
2. Why your project can not be completed from your native country?
3. While in America, will you be working for a single company or for different companies?
4. What are your plans to return to India after work?
5. How your company is going to be benefitted if you get this visa?
6. Whether there are any relatives or known people of you in America?
7. Have you checked that your company is trustworthy?
8. Can I see your bank statement?
9. Why did you choose United States of America only?
10. What is special in America which you do not find in India?
American employers can choose applicants for H-1B Visa in two ways:-
1. Normal procedure for H-1B Visa
2. Premium Procedure for H-1B Visa
The major difference between the two procedures is that the Premium procedure is faster as compared to the normal procedure though an extra fee of about $1225 is charged for premium visa application. Although the normal procedure to obtain an H-1B visa is cost efficient but it’s a lengthy procedure. No time limit has been declared by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in case of normal visa and it can take from one month to six months.
Following steps are involved in the Visa procedure:-
Image source:H1B wiki
1. Sponsoring company will make the application & further approval for the H-1B Visa. A Sponsoring company can be an individual, a partnership or a firm. The application for this Visa is related to Service. If you are fired from your job or get transferred, the new employer will have to provide a New H-1B Visa. This Visa is valid for jobs only.
2. ‘Prevalent wage’ and offered real wage should be compared. H-1B Sponsoring company should have to pay more than the total of these two amounts. Prevalent wage is decided by the State Employment Security Agency on the basis of roles & responsibilities, skills and experience. Real wage is decided on the basis of wage offered to other workers working in the same conditions.
3. Application for Employment Certificate:-Through this procedure, information regarding the H-1B Visa sponsoring company is obtained.
4. When the employment certificate is accepted by the authorities, a copy of this is returned to the H-1B visa sponsoring company.
5. The sponsoring company has to give information about getting the visa approval to the group dealings representatives within ten days of approval.
6. Petition Approval:-After this, USCIS gives approval for the H-1B visa within stipulated time frame.