Olympics update : Day 10 (06.08.2012)
Today at Olympics - Day 10 (06.08.2012)
The 2012 Summer Games in London are more than halfway over now, as we press into Day 10. The landscape for bigger team sports like women's soccer and men's basketball are starting to take shape, and it'll be time to start handing out medals soon.
Major Activities (Sporting events)
- Jamaica's Usain Bolt wins the men's 100m final at the athletics event during the London 2012 Olympic Games on August 5, 2012 in London.
- Karolina Michalczuk (L) of Poland defends against Chungneijang Mary Kom Hmangte (R) of India during the women's Flyweight boxing round of 16 of the 2012 London Olympic Games at the ExCel Arena August 5, 2012 in London. Mery Kom won the bout to enter the quarter-final against Czech Republic's Andrea Hlavackova and Lucie Hradecka during the women's doubles gold medal match of the London 2012 Olympic Games.
- Great Britain's Andy Murray poses with his gold medal at the end of the men's singles tennis tournament of the London 2012 Olympic Games, at the All England Tennis Club in Wimbledon, southwest London, on August 5, 2012.
- US Serena Williams celebrates as she plays along with sister Venus Williams
India in Action (Day 10)
- M.C. Mary Kom, India's medal hope in Olympic women's boxing, put on a valiant display as she downed a bigger Polish opponent Karolina Michalczuk to enter the quarterfinals of the 51 kg category here Sunday.
- Olympics hockey: India crushed 1-4 by South Korea
- Olympic shooting: Sandhu 25th in trap, may miss final cut