Olympics update : Day 15 (11.08.2012)
The busiest day of the Games will see 32 gold medals dished out with the likes of Mo Farah, Tom Daley and Caster Semenya all in the reckoning.
Major Activities (Sporting events)
- Things get off to an early start with the 9.30am final in the K1 200m canoe sprint at Eton Dorney, for which 28-year-old British trainee accountant Ed McKeever is the favourite.
- In boxing, Briton's Luke Campbell and Thomas Stalker will target medals for bantamweight and light-welterweight at the ExCeL Centre.
- With both Usain Bolt and Yohan Blake on their side, Jamaica could probably still field a shot-putter in one of the remaining slots and take the gold
- Mo Farah could add to GB's medal tally in the 5,000m final in the Olympic Stadium which happens before a flurry of gold-medal events: the women's 4x400m, the women's 800m final (which will see South Africa's Caster Semenya take on Russian Mariya Savinova) and then the blue riband relay event, the men's 4x100m final at 9pm.
- The men's football final takes place at 3pm at Wembley Stadium while GB will be rooting for poster-boy Tom Daley in the diving 10m platform at the Aquatics Centre after his disappointment in the men's synchronised event on Day Three.
Gold medals up for grab = 32
India in Action (Day 15)
- It's Day 15 of the London Olympics and we are at the fag-end of the Games, which has been a great success. And not to forget, it's been India's best show at any Olympic Games, except in hockey, which was extremely disappointing
- India's Amit Kumar failed to make an impression as he missed out on a shot at the Bronze medal in the men's 55 kg freestyle Wrestling event.
- Both Narsingh Yadav in the 74-kg freestyle and Amit Kumar in the 55-kg freestyle have got a bye in their first rounds. Narsingh Yadav's bout is around 18:10 Indian Time. Amit Kumar's bout time is yet not in the schedule.