Search

Top 10 Largest Countries By Area

The Earth is a dynamic planet because it is constantly changing inside and outside. It is made up of rocks. Its surface is covered with water by 71 % and the remaining 29% is a landmass that consists of continents and islands. Here, we are giving the “List of the Top 10 Largest Countries by Area”.
Mar 8, 2019 17:58 IST
facebook Iconfacebook Iconfacebook Icon
Top 10 Largest Countries By Area
Top 10 Largest Countries By Area

The Earth formed over 4.5 billion years ago, according to the radiometric dating and other sources of evidence. It is a dynamic planet because it is constantly changing inside and outside. The Earth is the third planet from the Sun and the only astronomical object known to harbour life.

A landform is a feature on the Earth's surface that is part of the terrain. Mountains, hills, plateaus, and plains are the four major types of landforms. Minor landforms include buttes, canyons, valleys, and basins. Oceans and continents exemplify the highest-order landforms. It is made up of rocks. Its surface is covered with water by 71 % and the remaining 29% is a landmass that consists of continents and islands.

10 Largest Countries by Area 

1. Russia

Area: 17,075,400 km square

2. Canada

Area: 9,984,670 km square

3. United States of America

Area: 9,826,675 km square

4. China

Area: 9,598,094 km square

5. Brazil

Area: 8,514,877 km square

Superlatives of World Geography

6. Australia

Area: 7,617,930 km square

7. India

Area: 3,287,263 km square

8. Argentina

Area: 2,766,890 km square

9. Kazakhstan

Area: 2,724,900 km square

10. Sudan

Area: 2,505,813 km square

In the above list of the Top 10 Largest Countries by Area is given in chronological order from highest to lowest in terms of area.

Indian Geography: A Complete Study Material