Andhra University was established in 1926 by the Madras University Act to serve the entire linguistic region of Andhra as a residential teaching-cum-affiliating University. The institution has Sir C.R. Reddy as its founder Vice-Chancellor and Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan as the second Vice-Chancellor. Mir Osman Ali Khan, The Seventh Nizam of Hyderabad, donated ?1 lakh for the university.
The university contains two sections, the south campus and north campus. The south campus houses the Arts, Humanities and Sciences departments along with the administrative block. The north campus (established in 1962), comprises the Engineering College.
The university has four constituent colleges. The College of Arts and Commerce is the biggest constituent college with 28 departments offering 55 courses. The College of Science and Technology has 19 departments, which offers 44 courses. The College of Engineering has 16 departments involving in undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. The College of Law has been identified as an advanced centre in law by University Grants Commission.
The university has a school of distance education (started 1972) with 32 study centres across the state and a study centre at New Delhi.
The campus has 19 hostels for men and four hostels for women, that accommodate 4,300 students. There is residential accommodation of 340 units of staff quarters. The university has three health centres, a homoeopathy dispensary, three guest houses, a faculty club, an open-air theatre and a campus school for the children of university school.
IMS Learning CentreDelhi
BYJU's CAT ClassesDelhi