Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU), Gandhinagar
All admitted students will follow a common curriculum during the initial two years of the four-year undergraduate B.A. /B.B.A. (Hons.) programme. These students get exposure to 30+ subjects ranging from Communication Skills, Basic Science, Social Sciences, Management, Humanities and Performing Arts. At the start of the third year the student would opt for B.A. (Hons.) or B.B.A. (Hons.) Programme depending on the selection of the major subjects.
The interdisciplinary nature of the courses equip students with a skill set that enables them to explore multiple career options. Besides the UGC recognized degrees awarded (based on the selection of major areas of study), the University will also award a Diploma in Liberal Studies.
A. The student seeking admissions to:
i. B.A. (Hons.)/B.B.A. (Hons.) is required to have passed 12th standard examination or equivalent from any discipline.
ii. B.Com. (Hons.) is required to have passed 12th standard examination or equivalent from Commerce stream or should have studied accounting and/or commerce related subjects in 12th standard.
iii. B.Sc. (Hons.) should have passed 12th standard examination or equivalent from science stream or with minimum any 2 of the following subjects – Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
B. Candidate must have passed any of the following qualifying examinations; with English as one of the subjects:
1. The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
2. Intermediate Science or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
3. Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
4. General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level with minimum passes of 2/3 subjects.
5. High School Certificate Examination of Cambridge University
6. International Baccalaureate Diploma Program with the minimum passes of 6 subjects (3HL and 3SL) with 24 points.
7. Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
8. Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with minimum five subjects.
9. H.S.C. Vocational Examination