Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU), Gandhinagar
As the global markets are more challenging and dynamic, career opportunities also expand and become more demanding. Mere discipline focused knowledge is not enough; one is required to develop holistic understanding of the world through interdisciplinary pursuit and industry-academia interface. In the era of globalization, any endeavor in commerce or business would surely be impacted by international influences. All admitted students will follow a common curriculum during the initial two years of the four-year undergraduate B.Com. (Hons.) programme. Economy of a country, Financial issues, Trade Policies, Culture, Demography and Geography of the country influence commercial activities. The third & the fourth year of the Programme focus on the major and minor subjects of the students' choice. Exploring Bachelor of Commerce with interdisciplinary focus would expand the horizontal as well as vertical opportunities in career for the students and would enable them to bring applied research aspect to the industry. School of Liberal Studies at Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University offers Four Year B.Com. (Hons.) Programme in the globally recommended format and pedagogy.
A. The student seeking admissions to:
i. B.A. (Hons.)/B.B.A. (Hons.) is required to have passed 12th standard examination or equivalent from any discipline.
ii. B.Com. (Hons.) is required to have passed 12th standard examination or equivalent from Commerce stream or should have studied accounting and/or commerce related subjects in 12th standard.
iii. B.Sc. (Hons.) should have passed 12th standard examination or equivalent from science stream or with minimum any 2 of the following subjects – Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
B. Candidate must have passed any of the following qualifying examinations; with English as one of the subjects:
1. The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
2. Intermediate Science or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
3. Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
4. General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level with minimum passes of 2/3 subjects.
5. High School Certificate Examination of Cambridge University
6. International Baccalaureate Diploma Program with the minimum passes of 6 subjects (3HL and 3SL) with 24 points.
7. Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
8. Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with minimum five subjects.
9. H.S.C. Vocational Examination