Mechanical Engineering Department has more than twenty highly qualified teaching faculty with specializations in Design, Thermal, Manufacturing and CAD/CAM. Their research areas include computational fluid dynamics, e-mobility, industry 4.0, 3D printing, advanced composite materials, optimization, lean manufacturing, HVAC systems and more. The department has fully equipped laboratories like I.C. Engines lab, Strength of Materials lab, Theory of Machines lab, CAD lab, Refrigeration / Air Conditioning lab, Heat Transfer lab, Automobile Engineering lab, workshop and others.
Institute and Departmental Brochures.
Along with the core degree, the Department of Mechanical Engineering also offers the following additional honours in line with the industry's latest trends.
- Automobile Engineering
- Design of Heat Exchangers
- Mechatronics and Manufacturing Automation (Industry 4.0)
Minor Specialisation (Offered by)
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning (CS &IT)
- Data Science (CS &IT)
- Internet of things (CS &IT)
- Smart Cities and Urban Analytics (Civil)
- Embedded Systems (E&TC)
Highlights of the department:
- Industry-led Flexi courses
- Global Immersion program with renowned foreign universities
- Opportunity to acquire a diploma in business management from SIBM
- Department-organized tech fests and hackathons
- Mentor-Mentee system to facilitate the progress of the students
- Academic Curricula benchmarked with International Universities
- Industry-visits, guest lectures, seminars, and workshops by eminent researchers and industry practitioners
- Six months industry internship
- Tinker lab to inculcate creativity
- Active student clubs and bodies
- Project-based Learning
- Multi-cultural and vibrant teaching environment
- E-mobility research lab with equipment like electric car battery/ cell test rigs and electric car motor testing dynamometer worth 70 lakhs.
- Engine research lab with CRDI dynamometers, fuel characterization and emission testers worth 40 lakhs.
- Advanced manufacturing research lab with a vertical machining center, 3D printers, 3D scanners, laser cutting machines, industrial robot, and industry 4.0 setup with IoT worth 2 crores.
B Tech Mechanical Engineering Program : 60
Lateral Entry: 12