Vijaybhoomi School of Design is looking for a batch of Special 30 who dare to shake the world with kick-ass communication design in the coming decades for its B.Des program.
Design education: In the span of a 100 year, most of the renowned universities and design schools across the globe have adopted their curriculum as per the ever-changing global and local needs, situations and technological advancement. But Vijaybhoomi School of Design aspires to turn the table and look at the entire discipline bottom-up where the roots and traditions of communities form the foundation, where design empowers people.
The B.Des programme at Vijaybhoomi School of Design will ensure a strong foundation in innovation, design thinking, visual language, aesthetics and storytelling. The curriculum of the programmae have been designed to provide a unique opportunity to the students to explore core courses in design principles, skill development, language, social studies etc.
WHO SHOULD BE APPLYING FOR THE PROGRAMME?
This is a programme specially designed for those who want to pursue a career as Communication Designers. Communication Design at Vijaybhoomi includes graphic design, filmmaking, animation, photography, design for digital experience, information and interactive design.
- Those who possess creative aptitude, and are willing to try new things, and have immense interest in designing communication that impacts society and industry, should apply for the programme.
- Students who wish to explore international learning pathways.
WHAT ARE THE LEARNING OUTCOMES?
- Building strong foundation in innovation, design thinking, visual language, aesthetics and storytelling.
- Exploring core courses in design principles, skill development, language, social studies etc. to perform in the intersections of disciplines.
- Developing leadership qualities with a combination of being a deadliest performer and socially and environmentally responsible.
- Practice based learning to develop insights, lasting-knowledge and confidence.
- Building holistic knowledge through electives in Design to become employable in a technologically driven and digitally enabled world.
CAREERS THAT ONE COULD PURSUE
- Graphic Designer
- Creative Director
- Filmmaker (Short films/ documentary/music videos/ Commercials)
- Animation Filmmaker
- Data Visualiser
- Photographer (Fashion/ Travel/Product etc.)
- Interactive Designer
WHAT IS THE SELECTION CRITERION?
The selection will be through four stages:
- Application form
- Online test on creative aptitude
- Design studio test for creativity, language and visual skills
- Personal interview and portfolio evaluation
- 12th Pass or Equivalent
- Selection Process: Vijaybhoomi Discovery Test