On Wednesday, Mizoram Education minister Lalchhandama Ralte announced that the remaining MBSE Class 12 exams 2020 will be resumed on 22nd April and held until 24th April. The MBSE issued a notification on Thursday informing Class 12 students to appear in the impending HSSLC exams in nearest examination centre as per their convenience.
The decision led to a group of students launching an online campaign on social media. The online campaign by the students demands postponing the Board exams until normalcy resumes. A vast majority of students took to social media opposing the decsion under the hashtag ‘mbse no exam no risk’.
The students have blamed the State Government for its decision to resume the Class 12 exams amidst the country-wide lockdown. Students have pointed out the vact a vast majority of the students reside in the villages and the new MHA guidelines clearly state that not only all educational institutions should remain suspended until the lockdown, but inter-district and inter-state movement is prohibited as well. Students have said that they do not demand for the exams to be postponed forever but urge MBSE to wait until normalcy returns.
Addressing the decision by the MBSE, the Deputy Commissioner of Siaha district, Bhupesh Chaudhary, on Thursday wrote to the Controller of Examinations, MBSE saying that the decision to resume Class 12 exams amid lockdown is against Central Government’s guidelines. Mr. Chaudhary said in his letter that the measures for lockdown stipulated in the consolidated guidelines of the Ministry of Home Affairs for containment of COVID-19 epidemic issued on Wednesday will continue to remain inforce until 3rd May 2020.
Meanwhile, , the deputy commissioner of Siaha district on Thursday wrote to the MBSE informing that the decision on the recommencement of the board exams was against the Centres guidelines.
In the letter addressed to the controller of examinations, MBSE, Chaudhary said that the lockdown measure will continue to remain in force till May 3. He thus, said that the MBSE issued notification for re-commencement of HSSLC (Arts, Science and Commerce) examination from 22nd April in Siaha is a clear violation of the MHA order and no exemption can be allowed for the Class 12 board examinations.
Meanwhile, the State Education Minister, Lalchhandama Ralte said that the decision to resume the Class 12 Board exams was inevitable and had been discussed on Monday by the cabinet and meeting of NGOs and political parties.REGISTER FOR RESULTS UPDATES